• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meopta Optika 6 vs Primary Arms ACSS HUD DMR

sisyphus

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2021
Red Oak, IA
I'll be picking up the glass for my LRP07 while I wait for it to arrive this fall. I was set on the Optika 6 because I have one in 3-18x50 on my 30-06 and I know how good they are for the price.

I was going to get the 4.5-27x50 with the MRAD reticle, but no one has these and haven't for a while, so I don't know how long the wait would be before they do become available. They do have a 5-30x56, but it's 34mm and my mount is 30mm.

I can get this reticle in 3-18x56, but I kind of wanted more magnification since I'll be shooting this 308 farther than anything else I own.

Then to complete the confusion, I stumbled across the Primary Arms 4-16x50 with the ACSS HUD DMR reticle. It's shorter in overall length than the Meopta, and weighs less. I also really, really like this reticle, and because I had no intention of loading anything but classic M80 loads in 308, this BDC would be useful for me.

So the Meopta probably has demonstrably better glass and construction, but would require a lot of effort on my part to learn the reticle inside and out. The Primary Arms would be the KISS option and I could use it pretty well right out of the box after zeroing.

Lastly I'll mention that I do not use a cell phone, so there won't be any apps involved in my shooting.

Before I make up my own mind I was really hoping you guys would have some opinions. Right now I am leaning PA because I like the reticle so much.

Optika6 has great glass and reticle...if you are into dialing...the elevation knob does not have turn indicators so...if you are dialing into the second turn...you can get lost...my optika6 had elevation markers installed on the windage knobs...so that was a total goof up...

If you are talking about the GLX model of PA...that is a better scope all around than the Optika6...

Yeah...I'd go GLX...way better turrets...glass is essentially the same...reticle is easy to use...

Zerostop on the Meopta is nice but kind of touchy to set...