• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta Optika 6

trophy8

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
Georgetown Tx
I have searched and have found very little info on these. I usually run much nicer optics so keep that in mind. What do they compare to? How’s the glass? Turrets? Durability? Everything. Mainly looking at a SFP 3-18x40 with a plex reticle. Just a standard hunting optic but I’m used to Swarovski and Kahles optics. Running an NX8, a mark 6 and a kahles on 3 other hunting rigs. Price is good but the lack of info leads me to believe that’s not good. And maybe I should just hunt a Leupold vx6 or vx5. Thanks for any and all info good or bad!

I've owned two Optika 6's since they first came out and both scopes have been excellent, especially for the price paid. The scopes I have are the 4.5-27 FFP and a 3-18 also FFP Mil/Mil. Optically I have found them to be very good. You will find that the resolution is as good as some higher end scopes but I don't think the Optika's can be beat in their price range. The turrets have some minor play but clicks are positive and easily felt. On both of mine, the marks line up perfectly and I have found them to track perfectly on the few dozen times I've taken them out to a 1000 yards and back. The mil reticle that Meopta uses with the horseshoe is a little busy for my taste but it's come in handy a few times while shooting at low power in the woods.

On the 4.5-27, the image does get dark past 24x while on the 3-18, the image stays bright throughout the power range. In all honesty, I think Meopta tried squeezing too much out of the glass in the 4.5-27 making the 3-18 the better buy. I also have these scopes on some mid range hunting rigs and I'm perfectly happy with them in that application.