• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meopta optika6 1-6 day light bright ?

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
Looking at this scope for one of my AR’s and all reviews I found were older and they said the illumination sucked and couldn’t be see in daylight .

Now has this changed with later models ? Videos I saw were from 2019.

Hoping it changed by now and if not any others you guys would recommend in this price point of 400-800? Thanks

Not sure i would have that as a prerequisite on making a decision on a scope.
I have numerous scopes that are illuminated but have rarely ever used them during full day/sunlight conditions.
The most i have ever used illumination for has been hunting in shity overcast condition and aiming into heavily shaded areas and generally have used the lower illum settings.
Some i have are definitely day light bright but tend to cause a halo bluming effect if used in conditions i stated above at the higher settings.
Some of the really premium optics im sure dont have that issue and i have a couple that dont but some that do.

The illumination has not been changed in this Meopta scope and in extremely bright daylight against lighter colored targets it does not show up as a red dot as with some other optics. Against dark targets it is visible, but unfortunately not all targets cooperate…

Look at:
#1 Delta Stryker 1-6x24 (it has a nuclear bright dot and is made in Japan)
#2 Trijicon Credo® HX 1-6x24 Second Focal Plane (SFP) Riflescope w/ Red LED Dot, BDC Hunter Holds .223 SKU: CRHX624-C-2900020(this credo and this one/version only has a bright dot and is made in Japan, the same base scope as the Stryker)
#3 Steiner p4xi 1-4x24 (has a nuclear bright dot but has 2x less magnification)
#4 Vortex Viper PST gen II 1-6x24 (Has a nuclear bright dot but is chunky, made in the Philippines)

Those are all sub $1k options and are worth your money and will serve you well.

Search for deals, ask vendors on here and if they don't have it browse the net, they are out there for good sales.

Here's one-

Another from Camerland/Doug

I believe Annex defense sells the Stryker on here and you might can get a good price, try there, darn fine shot on the internet also sells them and can be had for a good price. Also check out the used sections here and on ar15.com if your into buying used for well reviewed buyers. Good luck!

Last edited: