• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta scope

rcm243

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
camden,tn.
Has anyone had any experience with the Meoptas? A friend has one that he just bought,its a Meostar 4x16x44, it doesn`t have side focus, its got AO My thoughts were that he should have got a Viper PST for around the same money and had more features.Does anyone have any pros or cons on this scope, thanks for any input,RCM

Re: Meopta scope

Could you be more specific about what use the scope you mentioned is for? Is he using it for hunting, varmint, paper punching, or tactical matches? I would say there are better options if he wants a tactical scope, and I'm not sure that the 4-16 Meostar was intended to be a tactical scope.

I have a 3-12 56mm Meostar R1. It's a quality optic. The glass is on par with or better than Zeiss Conquest scopes. The overall quality of the scope is quite good and seems robust and well designed. Mine tracks perfectly, and has good adjustments (knobs). I think they are worth the money, and I will probably be buying another one soon for one of my other hunting rifles.

As hunting scopes the Meoptas are one of the most popular brand here in Iceland. And on Icelandic forums the almost always get great customer feedback. I personally don't own one, have looked through a few and they are nice. On my last rifle which I bought for long range shooting I went with the Vortex PST, because of the features.

I think that Meopta makes Cabelas Euro scopes.

chris @ sport optics talked me into buying a meopro 3-9 for my 22. i am WAY happy with the outcome and the company.

I have the one with ill 4c dot and let me tell you it is great glass, this one has been with me for a few years and still impresses me everytime I use it. I really like mine I have not had any issues..

I looked at the Meopta and many others recently while decided what to top my toys with.

1st, I have to say that Meopta is high quality scope worth what they charge. If that is the limit of one's budget then it is a good choice.

however, if it is not the limits in budget, there may be better choices.

SIDE FOCUS was a critical factor for me, as well as the wide to long range, illumination, compactness, and 35mm tube; since my toys would be used for hunting.

Given those facts after my research I went with the Valdada 3-18x42 on my 308 FNAR and their 2-12x32 on my 223 Sig Sauer M400

I am THRILLED with their quality, I never thought all my esoteric needs would be met in just ONE scope, but they did it! Moreover they did for half the price of some of the more famous names.

that's my poor boy opinion, and you can take it to the bullseye!

We sale MeOpta and I will say I have been very happy with their glass and the CS. The PST has more features but not as good as glass.

Other Scopes I would look at.
Bushnell 3.5-21x50mm or 6-24x50mm G2 HDMR
IOR 3-18x50mm or 6-24x50mm
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44mm or 50mm with #43 (Mil-DOT)

If we can be of help feel free to ask.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We sale MeOpta and I will say I have been very happy with their glass and the CS. The PST has more features but not as good as glass.

Other Scopes I would look at.
Bushnell 3.5-21x50mm or 6-24x50mm G2 HDMR
IOR 3-18x50mm or 6-24x50mm
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44mm or 50mm with #43 (Mil-DOT)

If we can be of help feel free to ask.

Mike @ CST

</div></div>

I can't wait to receive this scope Bushnell 3.5-21x50mm or 6-24x50mm G2 HDMR
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juanjo322</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait to receive this scope Bushnell 3.5-21x50mm or 6-24x50mm G2 HDMR
cool.gif
</div></div>

Cool... We have them both in stock.
smile.gif

Mike @ CST