• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta scopes ???

peterh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
Anybody have experience with Meopta rifle scopes?? They claim that they grind and polish their own lenses. I know they have been around and available in Europe for a long time but I guess not popular here in the U.S. Stupid me! I just found out that all so called U.S. scope makers are and have been out sourcing their lenses for a very long time. I have always tried to buy MADE IN U.S.A. but I think that's changing for me now. The reason I'm asking about Meopta is because I would like to buy a good European scope now, and for all I know this maker is just as good as SB and Steiner. Maybe this topic is not important to a lot of guy's because so many things that we buy are no longer made here but I really didn't know my beloved Loupold had Chinese lenses in it.

Last edited:
Meopta is an awesome optic. Not quite Swaro, but at about 1/2 to 1/3 of the price it's probably a better value.

I've owned one of the Meostar R1s in 4-12x40mm for about five years. It's a very nice scope, I think the previous comparison to Swarovski (I have a Z6 also) is spot on with the added point that they are heavier than the Swarovskis.

Don't have a Meopta rifle scope but do have their Meostar spotting scope and it's top notch and top rated. I don't think you could go wrong with that option. If you can get the reticle you want, you'll save some big bucks to spend on something else you want/need.
Skip

Anybody have experience with Meopta rifle scopes?? They claim that they grind and polish their own lenses. I know they have been around and available in Europe for a long time but I guess not popular here in the U.S. Stupid me! I just found out that all so called U.S. scope makers are and have been out sourcing their lenses for a very long time. I have always tried to buy MADE IN U.S.A. but I think that's changing for me now. The reason I'm asking about Meopta is because I would like to buy a good European scope now, and for all I know this maker is just as good as SB and Steiner. Maybe this topic is not important to a lot of guy's because so many things that we buy are no longer made here but I really didn't know my beloved Loupold had Chinese lenses in it.

Meopta builds a fantastic product. Their US plant that makes their meopro rifle scope, among other things. They polish and coat class at the plant in new york for everything that is coming out of that facility. Ask anyone who owns a Zeiss Conquest and they will tell you that Meopta makes a fantastic product out of that plant ;)

Their Meostar line is made in the Czech Republic. I'm hoping to get to tour that facility after SHOT next year. If I remember correctly it's the largest optical manufacturing facility in Europe employing about 2k people. They have been around since the 1930's I believe so they have been in the game for a while.

Their big thing is OEM manufacturing, however their Sporting Optics devision is taking off in a big way.

We're currently their largest North American dealer. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Meopta Binoculars | Binoculars at Discount Sale Price | SportOptics
Meopta Rifle Scopes | Rifle Scopes on Sale | SportOptics
Meopta Spotting Scopes On Sale - SportOptics.com

Last edited:
Meopta builds a fantastic product. Their US plant that makes their meopro rifle scope, among other things. They polish and coat class at the plant in new york for everything that is coming out of that facility. Ask anyone who owns a Zeiss Conquest and they will tell you that Meopta makes a fantastic product out of that plant ;)

Their Meostar line is made in the Czech Republic. I'm hoping to get to tour that facility after SHOT next year. If I remember correctly it's the largest optical manufacturing facility in Europe employing about 2k people. They have been around since the 1930's I believe so they have been in the game for a while.

Their big thing is OEM manufacturing, however their Sporting Optics devision is taking off in a big way.

We're currently their largest North American dealer. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Meopta Binoculars | Binoculars at Discount Sale Price | SportOptics
Meopta Rifle Scopes | Rifle Scopes on Sale | SportOptics
Meopta Spotting Scopes On Sale - SportOptics.com

Chris: I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of the MEOPTA 4-16X44, have you considered putting together a group deal? Do you guy's offer LE discount??