• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meprolight MOR

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I'd like to get one of these and I have 2 questions.

1) Is the IR version civilian legal?
    2) Does anyone have any experience with them?

I'm resurrecting this old thread instead of starting a new one. I just got one from Euro Optic. I got it because of the allure of an all in one unit instead of having to buy an optic and then spend a bunch of money on a CQBL1 or similar, which also starts adding up in terms of weight.
    Positive:
    • Comes with a switch and literally everything you need to start using it.
    • All in one means you can use the one switch on the body to control it and one set of controls to zero it. No need to worry about zero shifting because the laser is mounted on a different part of the weapon.
    • Fiber optic seems to provide the right amount of power in low light environments to work well with NV passive aiming.
    • Lasers are good power level, at least as good if not better than CQBL1.
    • Weighs about 17 oz with batteries and pressure switch
    • Works on 1 or 2 AA batteries.
    Cons:
    • At least with the non PRO version, if the pressure pad isn't working, you can't use active aiming. I think the PRO version might resolve this.
    • You can't use battery to power passive aiming and active aiming at the same time. If you're using the laser, then the passive aiming is only being powered by the fiber optic.
    • Bluest red dot I've tried. Makes my PK-01V look like an Aimpoint.
    • Momentary On only for active aiming, manual suggests the PRO fixes this with constant on functionality\
    Here's a pic of how blue it is.

Attachments

• 20220804_112358.jpg
      20220804_112358.jpg
      732.7 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:
    Mounted it on an AR22 and shot it. really enjoying this product. I would recommend it, especially now that cqbl1s are discontinued.