• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Meredith Custom 243 FS/FT

Slickrick0999

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2006
McMinnville, Tennessee
I have a almost new (60 rounds fired) Meredith Rifles full build.
1964 Remington action (6 digit serial#) with all matching short bolt shroud, tombstone safety, double sear trigger, and factory slot in action. Action has been trued.
Krieger barrel.
Barrel is Remington Varmint profile 1/8 twist & finishes out at 24" including the brake which is screwed onto the 5/8x24 threads.
Muzzle brakes and more brake blended to barrel.
PTG Stealth bottom metal for detachable mags.
Leopold dual dovetail rings and bases.
Leopold VX6 3x18 scope with Boone & Crockett illuminated ret (bought brand new for this gun) with Alumina scope caps.
All settled into a very nice Remington Special Varmint stock that has been bedded and pillars installed.
All work done by Tooter Meredith including all metal being ceracoated in a custom "gun blue" color.
Group in picture shot with factory Hornady Superformance ammo @ 100 yards.
This thing is super nice.
Over $3650 invested and a 7 month wait for it.
I'm asking $3200 plus shipping.
20171007_193922.jpg
FB_IMG_1501818745485.jpg
FB_IMG_1501818740503.jpg
received_893496627468210.jpeg

Last edited:
Seller is gtg.
I have shot this rifle and it is very nice and here is the 3 shot group from it.

Attachments

• shot_1539702095314.jpg
    shot_1539702095314.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Slickrick0999
This looks like the ultimate classic deer rifle. The 243 is my favorite round for hunting deer. Would you separate the rifle and rings from scope? By any chance are you located in NY? Just wondering from painting in picture.

This looks like the ultimate classic deer rifle. The 243 is my favorite round for hunting deer. Would you separate the rifle and rings from scope? By any chance are you located in NY? Just wondering from painting in picture.
I can separate the rifle & scope. I am not in New York though. My dad grew up in Syracuse. PM me and we can work on getting this bad boy to you.
Thanks

All PM's replied to.
Would do partial trade for
Vortex Viper 20-60x85 angled spotter and bonus points if it has the Vortex Viper 85mm spotter scope milling eyepiece.
This rifle is practically brand new (reconditioned old action) since being built by Tooter.

Anyone?
Trades...
6.5cm bullets
Vortex Viper 20-60x85 angled spotter and bonus points if it has the Vortex Viper 85mm spotter scope milling eyepiece.
MPA accessories

Thanks for reply. Been Wanting this rifle since you posted it but it would probably just sit in my safe. If it was in the 7 pound range I probably couldn't resist.

Guys, we have our own mill & lathe now. This fine Meredith Custom just isn't getting shot. Just need to be shooting our own builds now since we invested the money to get a shop.
I would be interested in selling outright or partial trades of interest.
Off the top of my head, Vortex Razor or Viper angled spotter (able to accept their mil eyepiece) or maybe a shot marker setup.
We build off of mostly Impact actions so maybe those / parts.
I shoot 6.5cm so 140 eld bullets maybe.
These are just some ideas, may be open to others..