• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meridian Defense

JMil72

Wheel chock
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Maine
I reached out to Meridian Defence today about their 40 week lead time (specifically on a Volk). A rep replied quickly and reported that they are actually looking at 50 week lead times and won’t be taking preorders until something this coming winter.
I’d really like to order one but I’m quite concerned with that much time, are they really going to be able to sustain themselves financially? Close to $3000 is a pretty big risk in my estimation.
I posed this, wondering what people’s thoughts and experiences is with this company. Concerned they may go the way of the Hudson.
Best, John

$3000 for an AK-47?

69124724-1F74-42F6-881C-997952E1D78F.jpeg

I hear ya and I’ve been saying that for years but it appears to be a solid rifle.
I have shot a Meridian, Rifle Dynamics, a couple of one off custom AKs. They are kind of all the same. Honestly, my favorite of the higher end AKs are the Krebs and they have a selection on their web site right now with no 50 week wait. They all use the same receivers, same parts kits, ect. Paying an extra $1k to $1.5k for an octopus stamped on the receiver is kind of silly.

I have shot a Meridian, Rifle Dynamics, a couple of one off custom AKs. They are kind of all the same. Honestly, my favorite of the higher end AKs are the Krebs and they have a selection on their web site right now with no 50 week wait. They all use the same receivers, same parts kits, ect. Paying an extra $1k to $1.5k for an octopus stamped on the receiver is kind of silly.
I appreciate the feedback. My Buddy is pushing me to pick up a Krebs as well and frankly, for the money, that may be the direction I end up

Reactions: ut755ln
Why not just buy a FB Radom (believe their next release is October), WBP or Arsenal AK? If you want to fine tune the gas get a KNS piston, if you want a concentric barrel grab a polish barrel off AoA.

I guess I'm confused as to why an AK would cost 3k? What are they doing to make a 3k AK?

Spending that kind of money on a US build AK is dumb...but its your money...

I would just start with a nice Galil ... or heck a Bren 2 in 7.62 Soviet ...

Why not just buy a FB Radom (believe their next release is October), WBP or Arsenal AK? If you want to fine tune the gas get a KNS piston, if you want a concentric barrel grab a polish barrel off AoA.

I guess I'm confused as to why an AK would cost 3k? What are they doing to make a 3k AK?
Meridian Defense’s “Volk” is $2650. It looked like a nice semi custom “ modernized” AK that I was looking into. After taxes and shipping I was placing cost close to $3000. From talking to a few Hide members off thread, I think I’m going to go in a different direction. Additionally, after corresponding with Meridian, they aren’t even looking to start accepting orders until winter.

Meridian Defense’s “Volk” is $2650. It looked like a nice semi custom “ modernized” AK that I was looking into. After taxes and shipping I was placing cost close to $3000. From talking to a few Hide members off thread, I think I’m going to go in a different direction. Additionally, after corresponding with Meridian, they aren’t even looking to start accepting orders until winter.

Good choice. For that price you could buy a Russian kit and have a builder assemble it for you. Good luck with the AK buying but be careful and try not to catch the AK bug 😁😁.

Reactions: JMil72