• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Merriams Corner west to the Concord Bridge

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Family still asleep. Getting up early does not appeal to them...

Who cant love this.....

Z8DuUTAl.jpg

8xmHt6Xl.jpg

Got a pork shoulder prepped for smoking when I get back from my walk....

fbsN1VRl.jpg

Suns just coming up last time I was out here there was snow and it was a bit colder...

Looks like they have started working the fields some......

AKAo6HCl.jpg

IfHLW42.jpg

In 1775 we were a month from being a country two days old because of what happened on this road.

Last edited:
    Lots of Blow Down.....

7j4FaL5l.jpg

Small Brook at the Merriam House....Played a role. As the Brits retreated back they had to pull their flankers in to cross the Brook. From Merriams Corner east the ground is relatively flat. From Merriam west there is an uncharacteristic ridge that lines the whole north side of the road. In the day it would have been bare and provided the Brits great overwatch on their road bound troops. The old Bridge under the present road...

sqyEECfl.jpg

6rMuTVol.jpg

2N7ITyJl.jpg

AUG3ChMl.jpg

vp5adRHl.jpg

The ridge behind this house near Merriams....

sxIjG5rl.jpg

The present road follows the historical....

tH2NA5Xl.jpg

The ridge to the North....

RJVjfc6l.jpg

Last edited:
    More Little Women....

6kJ1Sa1l.jpg

When any hole will do...

CxSV7nkl.jpg

PYELhh6l.jpg

L558rt7l.jpg

This is what Concordites do now....

8n6uyUnl.jpg

They hang shit from trees in the midst of a plandemic that we all stop and touch and get wu flu from....

5dNw86tl.jpg

eJ2SHrsl.jpg

flvni61l.jpg

John Jack epitaph......https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/7751252/john-jack

Q5xklNtl.jpg

Spring springing...

6ewvR69l.jpg

Last edited:
    This was Brit HQ April 19,1775....

bM663kFl.jpg

Across the street, period house but I didnt think they built with block, sides are clapboard, looks like stucco....

WCqxYSHl.jpg

rheamiXl.jpg

New England....

ZHXQp9zl.jpg

Good restaurant.....

Pc60owol.jpg

Looking east at Concord Center....

MWwCqQMl.jpg

The road west to the bridge....

KQqitOsl.jpg

Say His Name.....

ZdmTfiDl.jpg

cFb57IEl.jpg

ZZiM3hAl.jpg

One of these two was maimed by a little boy at the time of the battle. Some 90 Brits remained at the Bridge while 120 or so marched off to the Barrett Farm. 400 Americans on top of the hill to the west saw smoke in the town and thought the town was being put to fire. They marched down the hill and had a firefight. Two Brits were hit, one dead, one mortally wounded. After the fight the small unit marched back in town leaving their casualties. The freshly minted Americans kind of disbursed.

The young boy came upon the two Brits and either gave a coup de grace to the wounded guy or just figured "Aw fuck Im going to crush his skull with my ax".

When the other troops returned from the Barret Farm they spread the rumour the Americans were scalping their dead.

And than the war was on....

nSGbfVWl.jpg

1z96JxCl.jpg

hdEVh0Wl.jpg

Self portrait in shadow...walking to the Barret Farm

qmx45Rsl.jpg

Yeah,,,,,like Concordians dont love taxes now.....

WflwGfKl.jpg

Someone doesnt want to let the ice fishing go....

vLIjclpl.jpg

Tying on his skates....I hope he has a mask on...he might put himself in danger of getting wu flu without it....

SpsmeVrl.jpg

Barrett Farm, furthest west the Brits got. They recovered a cannon and some arms that had been buried in the fields....

PiOkySHl.jpg

indmyvAl.jpg

Npjjbpyl.jpg

The fields...looking east back toward the Bridge which is on the other side of the ridge.....

8D8G10Il.jpg

Skater guy still skating,,,,,cant tell if he is being safe by having a mask on.

C6TlPWql.jpg

Pretty, Spring sprung while I was walking back east...

9NR8zjcl.jpg

My wife has a cousin who lives in the area. We stayed at her house 20+ years ago. We ate breakfast in the middle of town and I took a smoke break after and walked around a bit. For me it was inspiring.

Thanks for the walking tour. Man I can't help, but think just how different the mindset is of the people of MA back then vs now.

Everyone else all masked up......they dont see the irony of it.

Every once in a while people must have the feeling and ability to just tell someone to eat a dick and mean it.

MA has pretty much lost that.

They will tell other what to do but wont defend their right to do what they want to do.

Thanks for tour, grub looks good too...😀