• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Merry Christmas from Taos, NM

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
It has been a challenging year....for all of us. Many folks complain of COVID-19 fatigue, others have become deeply depressed and feeling very isolated. Well, my friends, I feel like a vey lucky man. I have my wife of 22 years, a warm, comfortable home in Taos, and friends I try to reach out to in other parts of the country, and the world for that matter. I have survived a cancer scare, and I am also blessed to be able to fly fish many wonderful streams and rivers most of the year. My shooting range is 20 miles north of Taos, and a mile east of the Rio Grande Gorge, and provides a beautiful background for sending rounds down range. Finally, I have been feeling nostalgic about loosing my best fly fishing buddy to cancer, and Bo, my Yellow Labrador of 14 years. While I can't replace Greg my fishing buddy, he is often in my thoughts when I fish one of our favorite stretches of water. As for Bo, I have raised and trained a handsome English Yellow Labrador named Rio to be my next buddy.

From our home to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. My Christmas wish, that we all regain our sense of peace and security over the next few months and return to times that made us happy and healthy!

First photo, is Bo my fishing retriever. Second photo, is Rio my new buddy. Third photo, my wife and my shooting range in the desert.

IMG_0058.JPG
Rio.jpg
Annie Oakley.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas from Silver City, NM. Good to hear you're doing well. As crappy as things are right now, I still have a ton to be thankful for. Hope you all have a good one and just maybe 2021 can turn out to be great year. 🤣 can't get much worse than this one! Or can it....

Reactions: Rio2019
Ive spent some time int the Taos area. Beautiful area and great restaurants. Love the green chile. Blessings to you and yours as well.

Merry Christmas from Silver City, NM. Good to hear you're doing well. As crappy as things are right now, I still have a ton to be thankful for. Hope you all have a good one and just maybe 2021 can turn out to be great year. 🤣 can't get much worse than this one! Or can it....

Spent a bit of time in Silver City as well. Another of my possible relocation spots when I flee the rapidly being infested with liberal Charlottesville area.

Merry Christmas from Charlotte NC! I’ve only visited your area once, but I thought it was beautiful. Would like to go out there again some day. It’s a long road trip!

Merry Christmas to you also! Been through Taos a couple of times. Once by m/c and once by Jeep. Both times, was on our way to the Grand Canyon. Beautiful area. Mac(y)

Best hamburger I ever had was at 5 Star burgers in Taos. Maybe I was the most hungry, but it was f’n good. Would buy again. Merry Christmas from the Bayou City (Houston)!