• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Merry Xmas - the 208 AMAX urban legend is dead

chooter

A#1 BMF
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Just got notice from both Midsouth and Midway that my backordered 208 AMAX bullets are shipping today. I am praying the it was not the Grinch who called from both stores. I do not know if this means that they have enough supply to cover all backorders and possibly new ones. I had my orders in since early June.

Best wishes to all for a good holiday season.

Re: Merry Xmas - the 208 AMAX urban legend is dead

Ahh, the Grinch that stole Christmas is changing his ways. You're delivery is much earlier than the e-mail I got back from Hornady recently indicating early spring to vendors. I can't remember where I have them backordered..a couple places, but found some this am thanks to a Hide member
<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="font-size: 14pt"> Merry </span> </span> <span style="color: #009900"><span style="font-size: 14pt"> Christmas</span> </span>

Me too! I just got the e mail from Midway.

Yep. The legend and the grinch are both dead as 15 nice shiny red Hornaday 208 AMAX boxes showed up from Midway today.

Now if my powerball and megamillions tickets would turn out to be winners.......

but the web still says that NO one can order them.so it still SUCKS for me.

I was down the list a bit @ Midsouth, but just confirmed my backorder for the 208's. I think now I will go buy the winning $237 milljen mega millions lotto ticket now. When I collect I'll make a substantial donation to the site!

Saweet. Could someone share with us po folk? If someone could spare two hundred until they mail to the rest of us I'd be perpetually indebted.