• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mesa or B14 barreled action?

KPthePreLander

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2022
Las Vegas
Is it worth the extra couple hundred dollars to get the Christiansen Mesa barreled action over the Bergara B14 barreled action? I just got a Q Side Chick chassis and want to put together a decent entry level 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't want to risk it with a factory Remington action and I don't know of any other barreled actions that the top rail will mount up with properly. Any help is appreciated 🙏

From an accuracy standpoint, probably not.
I'd take the ubiquitous 700 style of the Bergara.

Reactions: KPthePreLander
Is it worth the extra couple hundred dollars to get the Christiansen Mesa barreled action over the Bergara B14 barreled action? I just got a Q Side Chick chassis and want to put together a decent entry level 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't want to risk it with a factory Remington action and I don't know of any other barreled actions that the top rail will mount up with properly. Any help is appreciated 🙏
The Christensen Arms action is basically a custom action (700 clone), and the Bergara is basically a revamped 700 clone. The extra couple hundred for the CA Mesa seems worth it to me.

Reactions: KPthePreLander