• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mesa Summit Ti / Manners CF / Bartlein CF

Elite_KG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2011
LA
Not seeing much about the Mesa Summit Ti. I looked at several TI actions and settled on the Mesa. Almost went with the Terminus Apollo Lite but wanted an integral recoil lug and not a fan of split scope base. Stock went out to Joe Ducos for cheek riser. I ended up pillar bedding and Cerakoted everything. Microslick inside, midnight bronze outside. LRI DMP stencil kit. Ended up 8 lbs with out optics and rings. About 1 lb over my target.

Curious to see other TI or Mesa Summit Ti builds with weight if you know.

Build:

Mesa Summit TI - SA
Manners EH1 stock
Bartlein M24 Carbon Fiber
- SPR Bugholes chambered 6.5 CM
- 6mm left, gain twist on order for 6 CM barrel
Trigger Tech Diamond
Hawkins Hunter DBM
LRI DMP Stencil kit
Pillars and bedding in house
All Cerakote in house

Optic - Element Optics Nexus 5-20 (gonna check it out).

C6AB5D0F-28E1-4516-8D19-9727451A9462.jpeg
2B499B60-9EB7-48A1-BF28-F628E282BF53.jpeg
D1A6494A-B5ED-4DB5-B923-CF9B2F71EBF2.jpeg
80FEF782-B80D-4AA5-A59E-A3BF3135D675.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: moosemeat
Very nice rifle, how much does it weight?
Do barrel manufactures make pre-fits for this action?

Last edited:
I don’t think there are prefits for the Mesa. Southern Precision Rifles cut my barrels so I can order a barrel without sending in my action. Pretty much same as prefit but not “on shelf” inventory.

Rifle weighs 8 lbs without optic. Weighs 9.25 lbs with scope.
EF9512D9-70AE-4430-8F49-808D5323B1FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: KYAggie
I built a 30 nosler off a summit ti, 24" proof, and manners mcst elite hunter fill. Hawkins bdl, came in at 7.4#. I personally did not like the action much, sold the rifle with 300 rounds down the pipe.

Looks beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing. Question tho, how is a carbon stocked and barreled titanium action 8#? I would have thought it would be lighter than my M70 featherweight.

Looks beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing. Question tho, how is a carbon stocked and barreled titanium action 8#? I would have thought it would be lighter than my M70 featherweight.
M24 bartlein carbon isn't that light, believe they're around 3.7# the adj eh1 is 2.5#, dbm/mag is around 7oz, actions 24oz, trigger a few oz, it all adds up. Bartlein carbons are the heaviest of all carbons, they're have more steel than the rest.

Reactions: moosemeat
My EH1 is a little lighter than then Manners version. As I understand it Manners uses a heavier fill in the adjustable version. I bought a standard EH1 and had the riser installed. I believe it was 2.25 lbs when I finished it with pillars, bedding, riser and paint. I will have to look back and see. I have it noted some where.

Yeah the barrel in M24 contour is a bit heavier than smaller profiles in carbon.

I built a 30 nosler off a summit ti, 24" proof, and manners mcst elite hunter fill. Hawkins bdl, came in at 7.4#. I personally did not like the action much, sold the rifle with 300 rounds down the pipe.
Anything specific you didn't like?

I have a 30 Nosler on Big Horn TL3 and Manners PRS. Its heavy for sure. LHV modified contour and mini-chasis. Shoots well though.

M24 bartlein carbon isn't that light, believe they're around 3.7# the adj eh1 is 2.5#, dbm/mag is around 7oz, actions 24oz, trigger a few oz, it all adds up. Bartlein carbons are the heaviest of all carbons, they're have more steel than the rest.
I guess the action may be near 24 oz with then rail. SA Summit TI lists at 19 oz.

I didnt realize how heavy the Bartlien carbon is. I figured about 3.0# for the barrel. A win 70 featherweight is around 2.25#.
Rifle is still a beautiful rig and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for the clarification.

I guess the action may be near 24 oz with then rail. SA Summit TI lists at 19 oz.
I was just spit balling weight numbers, figured they'd be pretty close. I didn't care for the cock on close, and it seemed to show pressure about 100psi of where it should, which is prone to titanium actions with magnum case, I'm sure it'll be just fine with a 6cm though.