• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Messiest reloading bench contest

Nate60x

Carrying a C average
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2018
I WIN!
4628CC51-2200-45E3-8D4E-3FCBD3E2F0F4.jpeg

This is what my table and floor looked like in my reloading room about a week ago haha. Digging the Funyuns and Mtn Dew 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Nate60x
Mine is in a little better shape then yours since I recently cleaned it off. but I will say you don't have anything on the person that taught me how to reload, you literally can not see the bench it has so much stuff on it

Mine is in a little better shape then yours since I recently cleaned it off. but I will say you don't have anything on the person that taught me how to reload, you literally can not see the bench it has so much stuff on it
Its good to hear Im not the only one

Reactions: 260shooter
Ha Ha Ha. You are a neat freak.
Work bench in the garage is the same way, so is the desk at my office. I just don’t want anyone else to be able to find anything…or im just a slob

Workbench in my garage, im not sure how my wife hasn’t left me yet. My uncle spent the weekend at my house a while ago, and while I was working he thought it would be nice to clean and organize my garage, I couldnt find anything for a year.
357EED43-A7C8-4976-BE2A-E62940C132BE.jpeg

My OCD is kicking in, and I need addresses to fly there and clean those benches.
It has become a nasty cycle i wish i could break, eventually i will spend an hour looking for a particular tool, then i decide to clean it, then after spending a day cleaning and organizing I swear when i am done with a tool i am going to put it back where it belongs, then 6 months later I am back to where i started

Reactions: Flintdog2011
This is about as far as I let mine go…OCD I guess and can not stand digging through a pile to find something….

Attachments

• 0060E147-5E13-4FD9-9330-047949F1DA0E.jpeg
    0060E147-5E13-4FD9-9330-047949F1DA0E.jpeg
    473.5 KB · Views: 150
Horizontal spaces are the devil. I keep the bare essentials on the top of my toolbox and workbench. I even take the press off my bench to give me more room to work when its not in use. I have keep it on a Inline fabrication mount.

Let me show my wife so she can start appreciate me. Thanks for the pictures

My bench isn't terribly messy, but unfortunately, I have to keep the scale in another room due to it being a bit drafty in the garage. Powder and primers are also kept inside

20211017_150625.jpg

I do like keeping the bullets, most of my dies, and brass near the bench

20211017_150848.jpg

• Love
Reactions: acudaowner
Shit thats clean
I realize it's not the worst, but it feels cluttered to me. Between the Giraud, the Anneaelez, and the two presses, it makes me feel like I have 2'x2' of work space instead of 4'x8'

Single stage work area and progressive press work area.

Attachments

• 20200316_091149.jpg
    20200316_091149.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200316_091335.jpg
    20200316_091335.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 99
I keep building workbench....and keep running out of space. Too many hobbies. I think I'm at 28ft of benchtop and 32 or 36ft of shelving...thats all 2ft deep. Plus a couple tables covered in stuff.

Need to build a shelf for my scale. Takes me 2 steps to get to it now so it's off my separate bench I keep my presses on. Maybe direct mount to the block wall somewhere I can just grab the pan from where I stand to run the press.

Just too many hobbies and always working on something. I don't even have a flintlock build in progress right now...that takes up more space and clutter.

If I was retired....or a bum that didn't work, maybe I'd have time to keep it more organized. I just don't have the time. Half hour or hour here n there. Get what I need done and might as well leave it handy cause I'm gunna need it in a couple days.

OK, now I see I am not the only one afflicted... I recently put a butcher block top on my bench. So I decided to clean it up since I had to move everything to put the new top on. Otherwise, I would've fit right in on this thread.

Give me a day or two and it will look like a junkyard again.

Mike

Reactions: ShtrRdy
Sorry, not a contest one should enter.

Because the winner of the messiest reloading bench is often later the winner of the “my pistol blew up in my face” and “my Serbu almost took my arm off” competitions.

I don’t care if your refrigerator is full of mold your laundry is piled to the ceiling and the floor of your pick up truck is full of fast food wrappers.

But if the working area of one’s loading bench is not clean as a whistle, one should have a different hobby.

Just my $0.02.

Sirhr

Sorry, not a contest one should enter.

Because the winner of the messiest reloading bench is often later the winner of the “my pistol blew up in my face” and “my Serbu almost took my arm off” competitions.

I don’t care if your refrigerator is full of mold your laundry is piled to the ceiling and the floor of your pick up truck is full of fast food wrappers.

But if the working area of one’s loading bench is not clean as a whistle, one should have a different hobby.

Just my $0.02.

Sirhr
Im the op, probably some sound advice here in regards to keeping a clean reloading bench. However…I think you are full of shit, of the people you know that had a pistol blow up in their face how many showed you their reloading bench? Im guessing way more accidents happen from people that rarely reload. Maybe im wrong, really don’t care about that. Like my hobbies and I have way too much fun to spend my time cleaning and organizing.

Messy work areas do not imply carelessness. My $0.02

Messy workspaces are a breeding ground for fuck ups.

That said, your bench isn’t as bad as it looks at first glance and would clean up in 10-15 min. Ive seen much, much worse and those people were absolute fucking slobs. Actually the scene looks staged, which is viewing it in a more favorable light as opposed to assuming that’s how it is normally.
Haha, Who in the fuck would stage a messy reloading bench to post on snipers hide?
This is the only work station in my life where being clean and organized actually matters.
97C7F40D-9042-4B36-A61C-6E3F56D35E69.jpeg

Haha, Who in the fuck would stage a messy reloading bench to post on snipers hide?
This is the only work station in my life where being clean and organized actually matters.
View attachment 7726539
Lol Relax, Francis.

You seem awfully butt hurt over this type of criticism for someone who take pride in being a slob. If you’re going to get this bent out of shape why bother posting in the first place?

Not butt hurt or bent out of shape at all, just responding to posts on the thread i started.

i didnt really expect public service announcements, and I find people that are compelled to preach are fucking annoying.

Your post however was not preachy, but before the edit, I thought it was retarded. Suggesting that I staged the scene to look messier was special. You must have realized this too and thus the edit. No hard feelings on this end.

Not butt hurt or bent out of shape at all, just responding to posts on the thread i started.

i didnt really expect public service announcements, and I find people that are compelled to preach are fucking annoying.

Your post however was not preachy, but before the edit, I thought it was retarded. Suggesting that I staged the scene to look messier was special. You must have realized this too and thus the edit. No hard feelings on this end.
I looked at your garage workbench pic and realized that the reloading bench picture was no stage job, lol. It’s your shit, deal with it how you see fit. Just don’t come off so easily triggered, it’s blood in the water around here. No hard feelings on this end either.

Reactions: Nate60x
Im the op, probably some sound advice here in regards to keeping a clean reloading bench. However…I think you are full of shit, of the people you know that had a pistol blow up in their face how many showed you their reloading bench? Im guessing way more accidents happen from people that rarely reload. Maybe im wrong, really don’t care about that. Like my hobbies and I have way too much fun to spend my time cleaning and organizing.

Messy work areas do not imply carelessness. My $0.02

I've only been around one pistol that blew up and the shooter was at fault from loading too hot. He does not need me to defend him, but SirHR is not full of shit. When it comes to reloading, one of the top priorities is to avoid blunders, so a systematic workflow is your friend. It's natural and easy to clutter up a reloading area, so my approach is to plan appropriately. I have a cleaning bench that has a vise and it tends to be the dumping zone. I clean it up right before I do a build or clean a gun. I have a brass bench that has tubs for brass storage, then a benchtop for brass cleaning. It stays organized and fairly clean. I have a small bench for measuring powder and other than the occasional dropped crumb of powder, it stays clean. The largest bench is the reloading bench. It's big enough to have more than one loading project going on at a time, but fully segregated. I'm very anal about priming brass and weighing powder. Those only get done when I have enough time to go start to finish on one prepped set of brass. Then the primers and powder are put away so nothing gets cross-threaded.

Call me a neat freak or OCD, no problem. One of my mentors had a couple of fuck ups and it's been my decision to not let that happen. So, 3 of my 4 benches are well-organized and set up for a production flow. Not necessarily "neat". At the moment, it's been a few months since my last build and I did a bunch of gun cleaning before the build, so the cleaning bench is piled high with all kinds of shit. Makes your reloading bench look like spic-n-span.

When you fellows get to be 73, you will learn one totally unarguable fact. Every tool has its place adn every tool (and kegs of powder and primers and bullets by types) has to go right back to its place when it‘s use is finished.

This is not a lecture on neatness. It is advice, At my age, life is too damn short to waste an hour looking for something that is not where it is supposed to be. Ask Me How I know.

B68D9213-EAA0-46DF-AB45-AF73A20B57CE.jpeg