• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

metal finishes

Eagle_Eye

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
Victoria, Australia
what are the best products to re-finish barrelst/actions ect.

i have an action and barrel that i want to change from stainless to a matt finish...

any ideas

Re: metal finishes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like this product:

http://www.molyresin.com/ </div></div>

same here. it is extremely easy to apply (compared to other airbrush sprayed finishes) and has been holding up great. i see no reason to change to anything else.

Well since your asking for the best, id go Birdsong, if you are looking for a larger variety of colors then cerakote

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well since your asking for the best, id go Birdsong, if you are looking for a larger variety of colors then cerakote </div></div>
The problem is that the OP's listed location is Australia, and if said action is in Australia it would have to be imported, shipped to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Birdsong</span></span>, coated, and then go back to the importer/exporter to be shipped back to Australia - all of which cost time and money. I would do it if I were finishing a custom gun or prior to importing a rifle, but probably wouldn't bother for a refinish on a non-custom gun.

On the other hand, if you decide to go with Birdsong, I suggest using <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Questar International</span></span>. <span style="font-style: italic">Questar International</span> exports rifles and accessories internationally, and has done so for Australians who bought Tac Ops rifles. According to posts by Questar clients, the transactions went without a hitch, earning the highest praise after other exporters failed.

Keith

Aries, good observation, im in OZ and the gun in question isnt one of my full customs, so i dont really want to spend a fortune on the refurb.

want to attemp to do this myself..