• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Metal gear lockers

LFOD1776

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2006
Austin, TX
I'm building a new house (again), and planning a dedicated armory room. In addition to slat wall, a workbench and shelving, I want to install about 4' of metal lockers for storing armor, helmets and other gear. I'm looking at some variations on the Salsbury and Penco Patriot -- looking for something with more interior shelving than the typical TA-50 (which normally seems configured as just a metal wardrobe).

Has anyone run into these lockers in their professional lives, and if so, are the hanger rods strong enough for armor? Any other options?

Check out Gallow Tech as well.

Reactions: LFOD1776
Sorry
I couldn’t resist!

15ED65EB-E64F-47D9-8054-FF45E9C36FF4.jpeg

IMG_4958.JPG
Best $125 I've spent probably, great for general gear. This is just a google picture of the same locker.

It was heavier gauge than I thought it would be I just added a lock on the two doors. I have 2 presses in the side above the drawers, but may build wooden shelves inside. My cleaning rods are in the tall door I rivnutted the wall mounted fishing rod holders in the door for them. 2'x3'x6'
IMG_4957.JPG

This guy wants $350 on eBay...way too high. Guy I got mine from had hundreds of them for 125-175 but that was 2-3years ago

Last edited:
View attachment 7824608Best $125 I've spent probably, great for general gear. This is just a google picture of the same locker.

It was heavier gauge than I thought it would be I just added a lock on the two doors. I have 2 presses in the side above the drawers, but may build wooden shelves inside. My cleaning rods are in the tall door I rivnutted the wall mounted fishing rod holders in the door for them. 2'x3'x6'
View attachment 7824607
This guy wants $350 on eBay...way too high. Guy I got mine from had hundreds of them for 125-175 but that was 2-3years ago

Wow basic training flashbacks....we used those same exact lockers

Reactions: ChidJ and akmike47