• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Metaverse

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Will there be a long range course set up in the metaverse ?

A metaverse is a network of 3D virtual worlds focused on social connection. In futurism and science fiction, the term is often described as a hypothetical iteration of the Internet as a single, universal virtual world that is facilitated by the use of virtual and augmented reality headsets. Wikipedia

Every thought and sensation that one experiences is merely the brain's interpretation of a cascade of biochemical reactions that were stimulated to occur via the body's interaction with the physical world. Cut the nerve and the sensation is eliminated. Re-wire the system and people can hear colors, taste sounds, and see pain. Look up Synesthesia.

One of the old college 'get out of jail free' lines was " If I can't remember it, it didn't happen." "College was 4 years full of the best memories I never made..." Well, it could well be argued that the opposite is true too. If the sensations are 'real' enough, and the memory is strong enough- the event happened, even if it didn't.

Perception is reality...

Sounding like an old Star Trek show =

The Game (episode)​

Commander Riker is on shore leave on Risa, where he's been spending time with a Ktarian woman named Etana. In his room at the resort he is staying at, she teases him by taking his combadge, and then, to his disbelief, throws it out a window. While they lie down together, Etana introduces to him a game involving a device that fits over the ears and projects signals into the eyes. This creates in the wearer's field of vision an image of discs going into funnels. When a disk goes into one of said funnels, the player is "rewarded" by receiving pleasure signals from the device. Etana says that the game can go as far as the player will take it, and Riker decides to continue playing.

I think I saw a documentary on the metaverse. If I remember correctly, "you keep what you kill".
Zuckerberg did say that if you die in the metaverse you die in the real world.

I’m sure as it’s made by facebook, it’ll be a 1A and 2A free zone, with minimal 4A and 5A tolerated as well.
There is more than one metaverse. Fakebook (Meta) is just one of them. People are buying up “land” to develop, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a shooting or gunnery range.

There is more than one metaverse. Fakebook (Meta) is just one of them. People are buying up “land” to develop, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a shooting or gunnery range.

It would be cool, but seems most of the tech crowd is in lockstep

It would be cool, but seems most of the tech crowd is in lockstep
You have to look at it from a gaming perspective. Each metaverse is essentially a big ass game, kind of like SIMS on steroids. The gaming industry is not shy about making money off of death and destruction, so as long as there is money to be made, I can’t see them caring too much.

You have to look at it from a gaming perspective. Each metaverse is essentially a big ass game, kind of like SIMS on steroids. The gaming industry is not shy about making money off of death and destruction, so as long as there is money to be made, I can’t see them caring too much.

This is true

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I honestly do not see the allure. Why do I want to be in there when the real world is here?

The scary thing is that this could be a great way to imprison people: medically induce them and then have them serve their "time" in the meta in such a way that it seems so real and long but it takes only 3 years or so.

Then there is the brainwashing aspect of this.

I'm out. Pureblood and Purebrain. Unless we are already in the matrix. And it could be argued that the internet is already the instar larva version of Meta.

I honestly do not see the allure. Why do I want to be in there when the real world is here?

The scary thing is that this could be a great way to imprison people: medically induce them and then have them serve their "time" in the meta in such a way that it seems so real and long but it takes only 3 years or so.

Then there is the brainwashing aspect of this.

I'm out. Pureblood and Purebrain. Unless we are already in the matrix. And it could be argued that the internet is already the instar larva version of Meta.
Unless you are a millennial you likely never will see/understand the allure. Millennials all on grew up heavily on video games, fiction, and the need for attention, now they are adults some with lots of disposable income. This kids are used to blowing cash on games and in-game purchases. So now instead of just talking shit in Halo, they can virtually mingle in the metaverse. Mingle? Yes, like go to virtual parties in some guys virtual apartment, own a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) NFT?, congrats now you have exclusive access to virtual events and, chatrooms with a number of celebrities and other high dollar owners of the BAYC, crazy I know. But not are you in the metaverse, you are whoever or whatever you want to be in the metaverse. And honestly, the explanation is way deeper that.

My cousin creates spaceship NFTs that he rents in the metaverse that people use to explore and get from A to B. He makes a bundle. Like WTF?

It’s basically for those who crave attention, and losers IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
All they are really doing is adding some lame VR display headset to their virtual world.
Eye strain, headaches, neckaches... yep among the reasons VR headsets never took off.

Apart from that, there are quite a few very well established "metaverses" that have been in operation for years and you can go do all the commerce, sex, combat, relationship, selling, etc in.

BTDT

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Unless you are a millennial you likely never will see/understand the allure. Millennials all on grew up heavily on video games, fiction, and the need for attention, now they are adults some with lots of disposable income. This kids are used to blowing cash on games and in-game purchases. So now instead of just talking shit in Halo, they can virtually mingle in the metaverse. Mingle? Yes, like go to virtual parties in some guys virtual apartment, own a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) NFT?, congrats now you have exclusive access to virtual events and, chatrooms with a number of celebrities and other high dollar owners of the BAYC, crazy I know. But not are you in the metaverse, you are whoever or whatever you want to be in the metaverse. And honestly, the explanation is way deeper that.

My cousin creates spaceship NFTs that he rents in the metaverse that people use to explore and get from A to B. He makes a bundle. Like WTF?

It’s basically for those who crave attention, and losers IMO.
OK, so tell me this: how is this not like Minecraft? Except everything isn't square.

Lawnmower man
Strange days
The Matrix
Wall-E

And

Cant forget the now classic dystopia dream come true: Idiocracy... and eventually...

The Hunger Games.
Escape From New York?

iu.jpeg

iu.jpeg

OK, so tell me this: how is this not like Minecraft? Except everything isn't square.
Minecraft is a decent comparison. Big difference is within the metaverse is actual commerce is happening, with actual currency exchanging hands every minute. People virtually providing goods and services for those who will pay for them. Virtual restaurants, cabs, cigar bars, sporting events, elite gatherings, you name it and it’s all happening in the Metaverse.

Minecraft is a decent comparison. Big difference is within the metaverse is actual commerce is happening, with actual currency exchanging hands every minute. People virtually providing goods and services for those who will pay for them. Virtual restaurants, cabs, cigar bars, sporting events, elite gatherings, you name it and it’s all happening in the Metaverse.
So, in reality, nothing is happening in the Metaverse.

Reactions: Edgecrusher

Once again, nothing that hasn't been done for a long time.
Several other "metaverses" have very robust economies with a large financial transaction base.
ZuckerFace and FaceBook want you to think it's all so magical and new beacause it's "facebook special" but again, it's been around and other places do millions of dollars of transactions and have for some time.

Alright dickheads, I’m gonna Psaki circle-back and close this loop retro-style.

I went to MySpace.com and found this:

You can all shut the hell up. Meta is now legit. Except for the cigar bar. That’s bullshit. I want the nicotine buzz. No electrons in my eyeballs are pumping that sweet vitamin N into my nicotinic receptors.

Last edited:
Nope. It’s all make believe and people are paying real money for the make believe.

Man, people are messed up.

It's so freaking easy to make money on the internet nowadays that's why you see so many people with disposable income just pissing their money away. Back when PS3 Home was a thing, I probably spent over a grand on just stupid shit for my avatar to wear while I bowled and played pool. It's fun and all but you then look back and realize just how autistic it was.

Several other "metaverses" have very robust economies with a large financial transaction base.
ZuckerFace and FaceBook want you to think it's all so magical and new beacause it's "facebook special" but again, it's been around and other places do millions of dollars of transactions and have for some time.
Yeah, I am aware. “Metaverse” is a general term/idea/concept that has been around for decades and not specific to fuckbook.

I live in the real world .I’ve never even watched startrek or et! Lmao

But zuckerface has taken it to a new level.
He added sexual assaults to it according to one of the beta testers.

He added sexual assaults to it according to one of the beta testers.

Technically you can't have real sexual assaults since there are no actual people, just cartoon characters puppeteered by people.
That being said some folks may be be a bit freaked out by it, but then just don't go play in adult video game section of it, play in the kiddie pool.
Also any decent programming will have a way for you to quickly cease interacting with someone you don't wish to act with as it's a simple, click and don't allow interaction with my character.

Let's just say other metaverses have had all kinds of sexual play in them for a very long time that spans the whole range from simple vanilla stuff to really dark stuff that many would find unnerving. And then you get into the Role Play worlds and Gorean Realms where essentially playing out sexual slavery, rape, assault is like what's done all the time.

BTDT