• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Metric System is Good for Something Afterall

Ankeny

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2009
I was out doing some hard pulls with my Mustang yesterday. The car is governed at 155 mph. I switched the speedo to km/h and it now goes like a bat out of Hades. At 68 years old I probably need to slow down.

metric.JPG

I recalibrated my Bentley to Micrometers/hour and now my speedometer says I drive faster than the speed of light.... Funny, though, I keep getting passed by black Ram Pickups...

Sirhr
Same here. My license plate is CUL8R. Every time I pass an oil field worker in a Ram they end up practically attached to my tail pipe. I have really good brakes and I hope they have good insurance.

A metric 251kmh is like a 10mm socket. Just a rounded up 3/8.
Funny thing. Those metric sockets are used on a 3/8 in and 1/2 in drive ratchet

I tried to adapt to the metric system during the Carter years. Finally gave up after getting so many confused looks whenever I would ask for a 9.525 MM ratchet.

• Haha
Reactions: ... and lash
Have a recommendation?
Just bustin your balls, but if your really interested in a fast sleeper style car,look up the Callaway C4 corvette affectionately named the “Sledgehammer”. That car could be ordered from chevy and carried a factory warranty!!

I like mustangs and always have, with the exception of a few variations.