• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors MEU(SOC) Pistol Rear Sight

grunt0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2008
OH
I am in the process of building a MEU(SOC) pistol. I want to build one of the older models. The rear sight was built in house at PWS. Does anyone know how to make one of these? I have talked with some guys on other forums and they dont have any available.

Here is some pics in case no one knows what Im talking about.
MEUSOC107.jpg

MEUSOC108.jpg

Re: MEU(SOC) Pistol Rear Sight

I talked with Dave about two weeks ago and he hasnt made any and doesnt know when he will make anymore. I have also talked with some of the guys are that website as well still waiting on answers from that one. I do have Millet front sight, Kings ambi safety should be here next week and Im altering a grip safety to look like the Clark.

I want one too... I have looked for parts and have come to the same point. I and going to modify a OA beavertail, use a Caspian thumb safety and dovtail the front. As far as the rear goes a Harrison Retro is my go to for the standard slot. I have looked at the 10-8 National Match rear sight and having the slot recut square. Here:
http://www.10-8performance.com/1911_Sights.html

Looking at the website and those sights, the NM sight looks to be the closest but its not the same though. This is definitly going to be tough one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are people getting these guns? </div></div>

The two that I am building are off the SA Mil-spec Model and also the Loaded Model. I have the manuals for these and also the parts lists for these pistols.

Yes I am building the pistol to spec. Thats why I am wanting this rear sight so bad. One of the last parts that I need is the barrel and Im going to get it from Bar-Sto. I am doing two of them right now but I do want to build more later. I love the 1911 and want to build one that is a "combat accurized" 1911. I wish that I could carry one in combat. Carried the M9 last two deployments and it just doesnt do it for me like the 1911 does.

Did you try Dave Sams? call him at (804) 375-3782

http://www.samscustomgunworksusa.com/homepage.html

I don't blame you on your 1911 preference. I was in the Army when the M9's came out and did not care for them at all. Still don't as a matter of fact. User preference, I guess.

I would put a set of Heinie Straight 8 night sights on it since they resemble the middle production Novak's, but then again that's just me. Make a Snowman and watch the body fall(put one dot over the other and pull the trigger)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you try Dave Sams? call him at (804) 375-3782

http://www.samscustomgunworksusa.com/homepage.html

I don't blame you on your 1911 preference. I was in the Army when the M9's came out and did not care for them at all. Still don't as a matter of fact. User preference, I guess. </div></div>

I tried emailing Dave Sams and got no response so Ill have to call him and find out. I know he make them for his pistols but I dont know if he will make them and sell them separately. On the Loaded model that I am doing they already have the Novak sight on them and thats what Im leaving them as well. Its on my Mil-Spec model that I am wanting to change out and putting on the rear sight that is made by PWS. I know that there are several rear sights that are similiar to those sights but I dont want similiar I want the exact same. Im anal when it comes to building spec rifles or pistol. I got to have the exact same or its just not the same.

While it wouldn't be exactly spec, I'm thinking I just came up with an idea for the old Essex frame I have layin around (whole gun in pieces)

The one thing that Id love to see is just a WW2 USGI frame that I could use on my MEU(SOC) pistol.

Does anyone else have anyting else to add to this thread about the sight. I know there are a couple people on here that are helping just wanted to know if anyone else had anything to add.

Re: MEU(SOC) Pistol Rear Sight - CORRECTION

I made a mistake. I had been looking at Sams site and had a brain far* about who built this pistol. I double checked the paperwork. It was built by GySGT.(Ret.)2112 USMC Gunsmith, MTU Armorer Isaac McCaskill of Cassats, SC. Sorry for any confusion!!!

Not trying to hijack the thread. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">This is a rear sight from Dave Sams.</span> This is on my MEU SOC copy. Mine has a Caspian frame with a National Match hard slide, Barsto, etc. I am not sure he sell just the sight but lets you know what it looks like up close and what his pistol looks like.
James
DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

not mine but i don't know if anyone is still looking for these rear sights,but there are some forsale over at ar15.com in the handgun parts forsale section