• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mexico... coming full circle?

Re: Mexico... coming full circle?

Thank you EH. The name Guerrero, the state in Mexico where this is takeing place, means literally, 'Warrior'. It is the last home of the true, relatively pure, Nahuatl people, the decendants of the people who crossed the Bering Strait and migrated south. I've travelled there; its a beautiful, powerful, land. The army has never completely subjegated them because they live in such remote places. Some of the people still live in caves...Ive seen them. I was in Oaxaca City on day with a couple of local Mexican friends and we met this really dark skinned fellow. After he got comfortable with us he remarked he was from Guerrero and with pride, "I am Nahuatl." My friends were taken aback.

Thanks for hve post.

Their governments are narcos. of course they cant hand them over to the Public Ministry of the Common Law. definitely a step in the right direction however,

“They (the criminals) also have family and that they will be hurt in the same manner".

going after their kids or wives who did nothing? what else could he mean by families? How does that make them any better? seem to me it would just stir the pot and piss them off more. If they have the names of who is part of the criminal cells go after them not their families. this is just a step towards a larger civil war where instead of mafia thugs fighting over drug territory it adds a generational family/tribalism situation much like Iraq or Libya. edit- well may be not Libya. thats more of a religious/racial genocide backed by NATO but leave the families out of it.

You dont understand what they are threatening, nor true ruthlessness. Remember what the Romans did to Carthage. They not only killed them all but they turned over every stone that was piled on top of one another, and finally salted the land so nothing would grow. If you want to fight a monster, and thats what these cartels are, you have to be absolutely ruthless. Their women know what they're into and support it, and the children are what the U.S. military (high command) would think of as "accepable collateral damage." Kurtz addressed it in Apcalypse Now. As much as he hated the VC, he admired their ruthlesness, and their will to win.

The narcos specifically target the families of those who oppose them - whether other narcos or civilians. There are videos of them attacking the funerals of their enemies and slaughtering everyone. There was a report of them killing a family - most kids - by decapitation while the kids were alive. They have basically become so brutal, so indiscriminate that this tactics of targeting the families of the criminals is the last resort for these civilians. The Mexican population has been the untold victim of systematic narco-terrorism. I guess when you've lost enough of your own family and friends to thugs you figure it's time they lost theirs.

There's no 'good' here, just people having enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2013/01/it-will-be-eye-for-eye-guerrero.html#comment-form

Interesting to see the citizens are finally tired of the crime, the police corruption and government ambivalence to their plight.

These are the people who need arming...

I often point to Mexico as an example of a country with strict gun laws... </div></div>

A government that allows police corruption is corrupt. PRI, PAN, PRD, all either afraid or too busy looking after vested interests.

The few independent newspapers have published stories naming corrupt government collaborators of the narcoterrorists. The only result being some dead journalists days later.

Glad to see the Citizens taking a stand. Everyone has a breaking point.

To the ruthlessness of it: violence begets violence. The druglords have been pushing this for a long time. They made their bed, now time to sleep in it. As awful as it is, perhaps a few dead wives and kids will be what it takes to convince the rest of the drug runners to take a look at their family and stop. Yeah, it's terrible. Nothing nice about war though. It's not romantic.

But you know, I think that despite our long time grievances with Mexico, it would do both of us a favor for that country to turn it's self around. I would love to visit there, but not with the amount of violence and corruption that is going on there. They have made themselves a country where life has little meaning. No wonder they risk life and limb to get to the US. I would do the same to save my family.

Another problem though is with our country. All these asshole drug users. Just can't be happy unless they are pumping some sort of chemical in their systems. I would go all MAC-V on the US drug users if I could. Think of it: intercept the drugs at the border, spray that shit with really nasty stuff. You know, makes your balls drop off, instant cancer, death. Hell, in about one week, the only thing people are doing is drinking PBR and smoking some home grown. Drug cartels out of business and then we can start making most of our imported good in Mexico again. Every has a good decent job, and American still get their imported junk at a good price. And to top it off, Red China can eat a dick.

Wow, that was a tangent!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: match-grade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see the Citizens taking a stand. Everyone has a breaking point.

To the ruthlessness of it: violence begets violence. The druglords have been pushing this for a long time. They made their bed, now time to sleep in it. As awful as it is, perhaps a few dead wives and kids will be what it takes to convince the rest of the drug runners to take a look at their family and stop. Yeah, it's terrible. Nothing nice about war though. It's not romantic.

But you know, I think that despite our long time grievances with Mexico, it would do both of us a favor for that country to turn it's self around. I would love to visit there, but not with the amount of violence and corruption that is going on there. They have made themselves a country where life has little meaning. No wonder they risk life and limb to get to the US. I would do the same to save my family.

Another problem though is with our country. All these asshole drug users. Just can't be happy unless they are pumping some sort of chemical in their systems. I would go all MAC-V on the US drug users if I could. Think of it: intercept the drugs at the border, spray that shit with really nasty stuff. You know, makes your balls drop off, instant cancer, death. Hell, in about one week, the only thing people are doing is drinking PBR and smoking some home grown. <span style="color: #CC0000"> Drug cartels out of business</span> and then we can start making most of our imported good in Mexico again. Every has a good decent job, and American still get their imported junk at a good price. And to top it off, Red China can eat a dick.

Wow, that was a tangent!! </div></div>

I appreciate you sentiment, MM, but that would only be a little burp for the cartels. They, like all large corporations, have diversified. I remember a story a couple of years ago: They had tapped into one of the PeMex (Petroleum Mexico, the national oil producer) pipelines and were stealing massive quanties of oil, then trucking it to Houston to sell to refineries. Some big US corporate official went ot jail over it. Take away the drugs and they would just swith to something else. These guys are below garbage. They make Al Capone and his type look like choirboys. Extermination is the only solution, and that cant happen because they are like the hydra; cut off one head and ten grow back. I dont see a real end unless the people take it into their own hands like they are in Guerrero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2013/01/it-will-be-eye-for-eye-guerrero.html#comment-form

Interesting to see the citizens are finally tired of the crime, the police corruption and government ambivalence to their plight.

These are the people who need arming...

I often point to Mexico as an example of a country with strict gun laws... </div></div>

A government that allows police corruption is corrupt. PRI, PAN, PRD, all either afraid or too busy looking after vested interests.

The few independent newspapers have published stories naming corrupt government collaborators of the narcoterrorists. The only result being some dead journalists days later. </div></div>

I've been following the BorderLand Beat Blog for a few years now.These are the only Journalists that tell the No Bullshit,Honest Truth about what is really going on down there.This is a not for profit site,and the Journalists are volunteers that spend hours translating into English for our benefit.Highly recommend if you want the truth nobody else will publish.

Maybe the citizens of Chicago should take back their city like this. All those laws and the criminals don't care. Go figure.

If you are going to clean a place up you have to get dirty when doing so. These people have been deprived of there freedom for so long, now they are doing something about it. I was taught that when you fight never under estimate the other guy. These people know how the other guy fights so they in turn have to fight the same way or worse. It is sad when you cant even trust your own Govt. or police.May be they should write Holder, he knows people who will run guns for them. MM

I have been preaching about arming the citizens of Mexico for YEARS now. It is such a small percentage of Mexico that is corrupt but the ones that are have unlimited money and power. They literally take the young from families and force them into NARCO soldiers. The 99% of Mexico that is good could easily take back their country if they had the means (arms).

The Mechanic said:
I have been preaching about arming the citizens of Mexico for YEARS now. It is such a small percentage of Mexico that is corrupt but the ones that are have unlimited money and power. They literally take the young from families and force them into NARCO soldiers. The 99% of Mexico that is good could easily take back their country if they had the means (arms). [/quote

On one hand I agree but Ive travelled a lot in Mexico and have good friends who are citizens. The thought of a lot of high power firearms there is a bit disconcerting. Any explanation I could offer wold seem at least disrespectful so just call it a gut feeling.

I understand what your saying. Being only 20 or so miles from the border and having many at my work that live in Mexico including one that "was" a cop there, many people do have firearms but are afraid to use them because of the repercussions associated with going up against both the drug cartels AND the government. (one in the same). I have been going to Mexico since I was a child. I have personally seen it go from a safe place that welcomed tourists with open arms to a place I would not step into for a million bucks. I will say that when I worked for the Nissan factory off road team and when we built a couple of trucks for Chuck Norris we had a GREAT time down there. Not now.