• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MG34 things are happening

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
This one’s not so much a “build” as some of the others because I went ahead and ordered a complete semi auto reciever from TNW. Well after almost a year it finally came in, and after about 2 hours of deburring (ordered it in the white) I took stock of what needed to happen for this project. My parts kit was missing a few small parts like the mainspring and couple pins, so I ordered those and got em. It was missing the bipod so I still need to source that.

The reciever needed the spigot up front that the barrel shroud hooks to, typically builders cut originals off the receiver chunk from an original gun then clean it up and weld it in, I fabricated the post from scratch (obtained some original prints offline). A couple minor milling operations on the original bolt modifies it for semi auto only. Also fabbed a new top cover retainer pin. Also A minor mill job and conversion to rollers on the trigger/grip assembly to convert it to semi.

Had to rivet in cam locks into the reciever, which wasn’t bad.

All I need now is to weld in the reciever spigot and I should be ready to test fire

The MG34 has always been on my list as I always loved the look of it as a kid, both war movies and in Star Wars
IMG_5571.jpeg
IMG_5569.jpeg
IMG_5605.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: VJJPunisher
Nice project! I'll see if I can dig up a pic of an original MG34 I had. That's one gun I regret selling!!!!!! Mine was a reg. C&R made in 1942.

I also had the tripod, optics, (still have the original spare barrel carrier and an Israeli 7.62 barrel), had the crank handle belt loader etc...pretty close to the whole kit you could ask for.

I made a couple of brand new barrels for it. Just in case you might need to get a new one! LOL!

Gun ran like a watch!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

I had a 42 with 6.5x55 conversion kit for 45 seconds..
The 34 can be tuned to a 1moa gun in semi and 1.5moa full auto using a "rear br sandbag" as front rest instead of using the bipod. In 6.5x55 a scoped 34 is a 1300m "first burst hit" gun.
Who needs a 20ibs 338lm bolt action sniper with 5 rounds in the mag when a 34 with 50 in the storm box has the same hit probability? :cool:

Did TNW send you the modification prints? I've had their receiver kit for 6 months and after multiple phone calls and emails they still won't send the prints that were supposed to be included.

Test fired it, fired but didn’t want to eject for shit, turns out the ejector is worn out or just didn’t mate well with the replacement ejector plate. So I ordered a replacement from brp and it comes long meant to be filed to “time” it to the ejector plate, did that now it kicks brass out

Wow, that looks nice.
Now you need a MG42, FG42 also in 6.5 and a STG 44.
Mount the MG34 on a Kubelwagen
The MG42 on a Schwimmwagen
The FG42 on a BMW R75 sidcar while the rider slings the STG 44 across his back.

Reactions: Modoc
Looks cool. Is that a chenowth?

No, not sure the brand of frame but put a lot of work into making something similar to a FAV, more so a DPV was the inspiration, not a clone just wanted an “ish”. Debated caging in the gunner top seat but decided against it as my frame is a little shorter and narrower than a chenowth dpv frame so it might get a little squirrelly if I had done it

IMG_5676.jpeg

No, not sure the brand of frame but put a lot of work into making something similar to a FAV, more so a DPV was the inspiration, not a clone just wanted an “ish”. Debated caging in the gunner top seat but decided against it as my frame is a little shorter and narrower than a chenowth dpv frame so it might get a little squirrelly if I had done it

View attachment 8246474

And it's electric...per the charging station pole behind it :)