• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MI Upcoming Shoots

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
Wanted to start a thread about MI people from the Hide meeting up when they plan to get out to the range and shoot.

On that Note I will be at Youngs 5/13 & 5/17.

Re: MI Upcoming Shoots

4/12 and 4/17 of next year...grin

I talked to Deb about guests and she said one time only...I'm a member and figured I'd bring my brother with me a few times a year but that won't fly...HasGun, what are you planning for a shoot...I'll run my 223AI as long as I'm not too out gunned, prone shooting, none of that bench stuff..grin

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Anyways, I am going to join the range 5/13. Plan on going down a bunch this year, and its such a great range.

I am not trying to arrange a mass gathering, just if a couple guys were available that could go, it would be fun to mess around. Thats the intent of the post. If anyone wants to shoot with some guys, post here. Doesnt need to be at a range, or anything, even out behind the barns. Or if there are some matches coming up and people are going, feel free to post, I am sure some of the noobs (like me) that have never been to or seen a match would like to go check it out. I have seen posts where they hold em down in Battle Creek somewhere.

I will bring my 6.5 284 and probably a 22.250, maybe my M4gery.

I'd like to check that 6.5-284 out...it sounded like you were shooting that rifle damn well!!!

I might be going down there on Saturday...depending on how the rest of this week shapes up. I'll let you know by thursday or friday at the latest. PM me a phone number and I'll give you a call later in the week and see if we can meet up down there on the 17th. I'll probably try and get out there on Memorial Day weekend as well. I have a buddy coming up from Ft. Benning, the first 2 weeks of june, and we plan on heading out there during that time also.

Im based in Grand Blanc for the majority of the year and would be interested in shooting with all of you. I am considering setting up a 10 station range in Central Michigan just for fun. I know a ton of farmers that would let us set up a range...

im in for whatever im going to join youngs whenever i get around to it... hasgunwilltravel i have only got out to shot that nice AR i pick up off you once (15 rounds) i have been working nonstop.

Going to youngs next weekend anybody in?

Rich

Rich, I might could make next weekend, I won't know until it gets closer. I'm going down on Monday though.....

Sno-Man....send my a PM if you want to go on Monday.

Anybody know if you can join youngs and shoot the same day or do they make you wait. Ive been meaning to get over there and check it out. Shot them a email months ago but never heard back.

You can join and shoot.

Or show up as a guest of a member...just to check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad Arnett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can join and shoot.

Or show up as a guest of a member...just to check it out. </div></div>

Thanks Brad!

I will be there Monday as well. Finally got my ammo tuned up, so I am curious to see what will go wrong for me next.

I know you can join and shoot. Last Monday I passed Deb the $$ she said have fun, range closes at dark, be safe, and drove away. Shot 4 hours by myself, in a windy as hell day. great time, but company sucked.

I may show up for a couple hrs on Monday, won't know till I get out of work on Monday AM and decide how I feel.

Just got home myself. I ended up loading a little ammo when I got out of work this AM and stayed up all day. Looks like I'll get about 3hrs of sleep before work, shitty.

Had a fun time down there today, beautiful day.

Just walked in through the door. Shooting from 10am till 8pm is about as good a Monday as you could ask for. Tomarrow its back to the grind. (sigh)

Wind flags laid right down around 7-7:30. Groups at 1k got tiny.

SuperSeal is quite the trooper to shoot and hang out after the third shift.

Best 5 shot group of the night.

CopyofPicture2018.jpg

It sure was a looong day...I managed to catch the Redwings/Dallas game on an AM station on the way home....so that made the drive go by a little quicker.

It was good shooting with you guy's today!!!

Nobody is up for this Saturday?

Rich

Not yet. Kinda fell off the back burner for the moment.

Rich

Will be busy at work through the end of the month - might be able to get to Young's on weekend of 7June . . . . .

Guess its just me on Saturday.

Rich

ill come and join and shoot if anyone has any ammo for a 6mm-284 that i can buy lol... other than that i have to wait for my mark 4 and larue mounts they wont be there tell monday... should of ordered before wens.

thats a big no i have only put a few rounds down the tube...but still love it... and i just ordered a mark 4 with larue mounts so i can see getting off it yet

Rich, can you make it on Sunday? SS110 said he has to work, and I'm going to watch game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals on Saturday.

Tied up Sunday with home stuff. No big deal done it before will doit again.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sno-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ill come and join and shoot if anyone has any ammo for a 6mm-284 that i can buy lol... other than that i have to wait for my mark 4 and larue mounts they wont be there tell monday... should of ordered before wens. </div></div>

Thought you were picking up some damn dies for that rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sno-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ill come and join and shoot if anyone has any ammo for a 6mm-284 that i can buy lol... other than that i have to wait for my mark 4 and larue mounts they wont be there tell monday... should of ordered before wens. </div></div>

Thought you were picking up some damn dies for that rifle? </div></div>

i got side tracked on my ar-15 money pit lol...im almost 3500$ into it... lol so dies will have to get ordered next week or something... i just need to go get a 308 so i can buy ammo when i dont have time to reload

Didnt go there is a match at Washtenaw tomorrow and will go to that instead.

Rich

Well,

that was my woodchuck gun so shot 55gr. Sierra Blitzkings, 22gr of RE7 with a CCIBR small rifle primer. I have shot flys on the taget before at 100 yards with that laod at the farm. Very Very accurate.

The only heavy bullet that it seemed to like were the 69gr Noslers Custom Comps. I will have to look through the databook and targets to find the powder combination that it liked. It really didnt like the heavy bullets, but I was pretty new to AR shooting and found the accurate load with the Blitzkings, and I gave up since its was only going to be shot at critters inside 400 yards.

I will pm you with what i have tonight after compiling.

Anybody going to Youngs tomorrow?

Rich

I wish. I am leaving here in an hour to start welding up metal targets for the farm. Whats been up lately Rich? Keeping busy shooting matches?

Nick

Been workin mostly, alot of ot. If nobody is going Ill just stick around here and shoot the match on Sunday.

Rich