• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Miami this holiday weekend, Fla. Highway Patrol

Maxwell

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2003
Somewhere, New Jersey
Lori and I were in Miami this past weekend for some rest and celebrate eleven years of marriage. We were there to also to see my sister who is a cancer survivor. Susan (sister) still has the stent in her 'just in case'. All of our fingers are crossed. Anyhow, since Lori is VERY fluent in Spanish we ventured to South Beach.

Both Friday and Saturday nights the Florida Highway Patrol, Miami Beach Police, and Miami (is it Dade County?) Police made downtown look like an army had taken over. I thought I was in a combat zone! Not knowing it was 'Urban Weekend' we ventured out. I could count on one hand the number of white faces in the crowd.

I asked Lori is there a special place people go to get these clothes that the gangster want to be's are wearing? For the guys it was caps on crooked, cut off pants around the knees, grabbing and pulling the crotch all the time, LOTS of ink, and of course everyone has a plastic cup & straw.

I will not even tell you what the 'ladies' looked like. 200++++ pound females in hot pants, thong's, spiked/platform shoes, and of course tons of ink.

I think I'm getting my Fla. CCW for the next trip.

My hat is off those of the Florida Police Departments. Both Lori and I talked to many of them! Professional, friendly, and they laughed at us for being so 'un Miami' like.

Re: Miami this holiday weekend, Fla. Highway Patrol

My father was FHP for 27+ years. He worked the Central Florida corridor but was called to Miami on more than a few occasions to deal with the local wildlife. He is now happily retired and, while he looks back on his years with pride and happiness, has no regrets on leaving law enforcement behind.

Josh

In Miami, a good portion of the people you saw probably were not legal immigrants, are real gang members and would have no problem starting real problems for no reason.

One of two times I've been shot at was for taking a wrong turn down one of "Their" streets on my way to MIA. My car will do 65 in reverse.!

The keys were more mellow last weekend, we won't even go to SoBe during events like that ("urban beach week").

I used to live in Lauderdale and would up in many a shit hole neighborhood. Had an older friend of mine, shoot and kill a 13 year old off a1a, kid was trying to sell him crack, he refused, caught a 9mm to the gut, but put two off in return. Then there's Hialea, Opaloka, Overtown...places you just don't go unless you are lost, or looking to excercise your rights.

Edit: I lived in Davie...not exactly Lauderdale but surrounded by it and Dania/Hollywood. Had a place right across from Nova University. Was a slamming complex with strippers and Hooters chicks for neighbors!