• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Michigan Gun Opener

SuperSeal110

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2005
Michigan
Nov 15th was our Opening for firearm season, also my Birthday.

Went out with my g/f. She's been hunting for 3yrs now. She's been waiting to kill a buck since she's never shot one. She took a nice doe during the gun opener last year with her brother-in-law.

In the AM, I see a lot of deer action. Seen a quality buck around 730am, but no shot and he didn't stick around long. Seen a ton of does with one small 6pt. Also seen a nice cooper colored coyote, but no shot was present since he was in the thick stuff trying to nap a turkey.

I hear a gun shot ring off towards my g/f direction. A minute later my phone rings. I answer my phone "what did you shoot?" (Heavy breathing...) "I just shot a 6pt, I think he was to his ears." I told her to relax and breath." I told her we'll look at it in a bit since it was prime time 830am.

Around 930am, the action was slowing down. Had a big doe w/a button buck underneath my stand. I kept hearing a grunt back in the ridge. A few minutes later, a nice 9pt arrived.

.223ai-75g Swift Scirocco scored through the lungs. Deer ran MAYBE 40yds before tumbling over. While gutting, the bullet completely destroyed the lungs and took half of the heart.

After checking my deer out I went to pick my g/f up to take a look at her buck. I'm feeling pretty good right now since my buck is pretty decent. While at the base of her ladder stand she ask if I can see the buck? I reply "No, must be down in the dip in the hay field." As I look closer I see a part of a white rack. I throw my Leica ultravides up and see a part of the rack. I told her that looks like a NICE BUCK.

As we get closer we see the rack and how huge the buck was. I was expecting a basket rack 6pt. Not a 18" inside spread 9pt.

This is Sara's 1st buck, can't get any better then that!

DSCI0031.jpg

Some random Amish guy helping us, jk, her brother-in-law.
DSCI0029.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

DSCI0037.jpg

My smaller 9pt. 16" inside spread.
DSCI0017.jpg

DSCI0026.jpg

Dragging the deer 350yds, taking a breather and the cattle investigate.
DSCI0027.jpg

DSCI0038.jpg

Re: Michigan Gun Opener

Those are some great deer there!

BTW, dragging the deer 350yards and had to take a breather?? Come on now, I drug my deer 3/4mile up and down hills, don't be a sissy, lol. (just razzing you)

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are some great deer there!

BTW, dragging the deer 350yards and had to take a breather?? Come on now, I drug my deer 3/4mile up and down hills, don't be a sissy, lol. (just razzing you)

Branden </div></div>

I prolly lost a full cup off my man boobs yesterday.

Congrats, and nice job. That's one hell of a first buck.
smile.gif

It's been a little slow up in Ogemaw county so far this year...

Nice deer. Congrats on you both. Your a lot tougher than me. There is no way I can drag a deer that far. I have trouble just getting them in the truck anymore. The 6" lift and 35" tires don't help though. OK opening weekend starts this weekend. I hope ours turns out as well as yours did. AWESOME!