• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Micron FL sizing Die not sizing neck enough

Dkas

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2023
Bradenton Florida
Has anyone experienced a Micron FL sizing die not size the neck enough to load rounds? The one i just started using isn't sizing the necks enough. the bullet will fall through when trying to seat. Also I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong because I am brand new to reloading for long range precision.

I’m not familiar with this specific die. Does it use bushings?

If set up correctly maybe you just need a smaller bushing for your brass?

Actually I believe you are right in the bushing sense.
I’m not familiar with this specific die. Does it use bushings?

If set up correctly maybe you just need a smaller bushing for your brass?
I believe this is the case actually Ive been doing some digging and it looks like these do take bushings. I was watching a video that said they are caliber specific and the body of the die is sized to the specific caliber so I assumed it didn't need a bushing.

Actually I believe you are right in the bushing sense.

I believe this is the case actually Ive been doing some digging and it looks like these do take bushings. I was watching a video that said they are caliber specific and the body of the die is sized to the specific caliber so I assumed it didn't need a bushing
I watched a quick video. Assuming you don’t have a bushing in it?

I’d research the die. Making sure you have the correct bushing and setup correctly. Hate to see someone destroy brass.

At that point you can determine if there’s an issue. It sounds to me like a oversized bushing or lack of one at all

You can probably YouTube a couple videos to get you on track

I watched a quick video. Assuming you don’t have a bushing in it?

I’d research the die. Making sure you have the correct bushing and setup correctly. Hate to see someone destroy brass.

At that point you can determine if there’s an issue. It sounds to me like a oversized bushing or lack of one at all

You can probably YouTube a couple videos to get you on track
Yeah it was a lack of bushing I was depriming fine but no bushing to size the neck so lesson learned for the newbie. Appreciate your help!