• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Microtech utx-70

rwatson708

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Pittsburgh
Anybody with any hands on experience. Kind of hard to pay 250 for a knife ive never handled

1st off, they make awesome blades

To me, I don’t spent microtech money on a toy

Too many outdated laws of spring opening knives.

Knife laws are a patchwork in many places

If you used a switch blade in self defense, how would the civil trial go for you???

Jack bower of 24-microtech the preferred brand of professional assassins

I live out west where you could have a regular pocket knife, get stopped while driving and get arrested as the knife is not legal to carry in that city.

A few years ago we had finished shooting a bunch of class 3 outside of Vegas.

We stopped to grab lunch and I ended up using my pocket knife on my sandwich at lunch in a restaurant. Just a folder.

I was warned to hide it. Car load of class 3- lefal
My pistol - lefal with my NV CHL
My 3 1/2” knife- cops will arrest you for having that.

So buy the blade- they are awesome. It’s just a lot of $$$ for a knife I can’t carry outside of my home

I bought one but quickly returned it. It’s so small it’s more of a novelty in my opinion. My favorite size is the UTX85, it’s my EDC knife.

Reactions: mgrs
That’s about how I use mine, general everyday stuff. I redid the handle of mine in Cerakote (battleworn titanium) so it hides any scratches from my keys or anything else.

I bought one but quickly returned it. It’s so small it’s more of a novelty in my opinion. My favorite size is the UTX85, it’s my EDC knife.

Also EDC a UTX85 unless in the field or hard use/dirty environments. Tried the UTX70 (too small) and Ultratech (too big) and then found the 85 (just right).

I like MT OTFs, IMO the 70 is too small, almost laughably so. Keychain knife at best. The Scarab is the perfect size MT OTF.
20181109_205814.jpg

20181109_205831.jpg

So i ordered the 85 and im a bit hesitant. I hate big knives especially for edc. Does anyone have a pic next to an everyday object to compare size wise. Ive looked on google images i just cant find a good one.

The 70 is really small, here is a pic of the UTX, UYX85 and the UTX70:

Attachments

• B5578026-CEDA-49CC-8741-7B4F57EECD2F.jpeg
    B5578026-CEDA-49CC-8741-7B4F57EECD2F.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
Here is a UTX85 next to a quarter.

Attachments

• 1B69680A-1A45-4E78-8287-25671666819F.jpeg
    1B69680A-1A45-4E78-8287-25671666819F.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 26
My ultratech is my new edc knife. I wish I would of bought one years ago. I have medium size hands and it’s perfect. Ive wanted to buy a utx-85 but I can’t give up my ultratech