• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mid Length AR-15 On A Budget

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
I have a friend who has decided to buy an AR-15 in 223 sometime this year. He is looking for an accurate and reliable mid length. I advised him to check out Bravo Company and Rock River but the price is going to be a big problem. Everything I have picked out for him is 1150.00 or more. He found a Diamondback yesterday he liked but I don't know anything about them. Are the Diamondback's any good? Is it possible to buy a rifle in this configuration and spend less than 1000.00?

This setup might work:

BCM Standard 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ YHM 12" Handguard $575 (includes BCG & BCM compensator)
PSA AR-15 Complete Classic Lower $160
BCM Charging Handle $40

Total = $775 & leaves room to upgrade the upper or lower a bit. I'd upgrade the lower with a Geissele SSA trigger and you are right at $1000.

It's very, very hard to beat the Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport. Check the reviews. They run around $600-$750 in stores.

I have a friend who has decided to buy an AR-15 in 223 sometime this year. He is looking for an accurate and reliable mid length. I advised him to check out Bravo Company and Rock River but the price is going to be a big problem. Everything I have picked out for him is 1150.00 or more. He found a Diamondback yesterday he liked but I don't know anything about them. Are the Diamondback's any good? Is it possible to buy a rifle in this configuration and spend less than 1000.00?

Don't mention RRA and BCM in the same sentence!

Thanks for the replies. I will pass on to him what was recommended. Could someone tell me what is wrong with Rock River?

there is nothing wrong with rock river other than some wanna be regurgitating what the read on barfcom . I have used their products for several years and never had an issue .