• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mid range optics choice

bpearce312

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2022
TX
Looking at something in the 2-10 ish range, FFP with mil reticle for a mod range AR. 2 choices as of now are the US Optics TS12 or Swampfox Kentucky long 2-12 with recce mil. I can get both of these for just about the same price so I would like to hear your guys input or other options under $400

Reactions: Sig Marine
Save a few more $$$ and get a SWFA 3-15 or a PST Gen II 3-15.

Or, this pains me to say it, an Arken.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Arken scopes aren't bad, just lots of folks love to hate on them, same way folks did when Vortex first hit the market... Some people still hate on Vortex because it's not a S&B or NF... New companies always draw the naysayers, and the haters. And when someone drops something that punches above it's price range, it really pisses off the scope snobs. And Arken seemed to ruffle lots of feathers, because of some folks comparing their scopes to much higher priced optics. And honestly, some of those folks comparing them to true alpha-tier optics might have gone a bit too far... So, I completely understand some of the Arken hate, because of those folks. And I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as they did when it comes to comparing them to other high-end brands, but I will say, for the money, you won't beat them. And even for twice the money they will put up some damn good competition. It just is what it is.

Arken scopes aren't bad, just lots of folks love to hate on them, same way folks did when Vortex first hit the market... Some people still hate on Vortex because it's not a S&B or NF... New companies always draw the naysayers, and the haters. And when someone drops something that punches above it's price range, it really pisses off the scope snobs. And Arken seemed to ruffle lots of feathers, because of some folks comparing their scopes to much higher priced optics. And honestly, some of those folks comparing them to true alpha-tier optics might have gone a bit too far... So, I completely understand some of the Arken hate, because of those folks. And I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as they did when it comes to comparing them to other high-end brands, but I will say, for the money, you won't beat them. And even for twice the money they will put up some damn good competition. It just is what it is.
Arken is made by the Chicoms, reason enough to hate them

Arken is made by the Chicoms, reason enough to hate them
So is most of the shit in your house, your car, and the phone or laptop you typed your response on... I guess you'd better throw all that shit away, too. Also, you do realize that some of the parts in alpha-tier scopes are made in China, as well, right? Like rubber o-rings, small plastic pieces, screws, etc... So, your alpha-tier SCHOTT glass German optic, still smells a bit like fried rice... 🤣 Nobody likes the CCP, but it is what it is, when it comes to manufacturing. EVERY COMPANY ON EARTH buys some parts or something made in China for their products. Buying a scope from an American company, when their scopes are MIC, is literally no different than shopping at Walmart. Don't be a hypocrite.

Reactions: Islas82
So is most of the shit in your house, your car, and the phone or laptop you typed your response on... I guess you'd better throw all that shit away, too. Also, you do realize that some of the parts in alpha-tier scopes are made in China, as well, right? Like rubber o-rings, small plastic pieces, screws, etc... So, your alpha-tier SCHOTT glass German optic, still smells a bit like fried rice... 🤣 Nobody likes the CCP, but it is what it is, when it comes to manufacturing. EVERY COMPANY ON EARTH buys some parts or something made in China for their products. Buying a scope from an American company, when their scopes are MIC, is literally no different than shopping at Walmart. Don't be a hypocrite.
I didn't say I don't buy shit from China that's your spin.
What I absofuckinglutely don't buy is optics made in China..

I get your point way to much shit comes from China but please don't tell me a couple of rings going into a top tier S&B optic is anything like buying a fucking Piece of shit Chinese Arken

I didn't say I don't buy shit from China that's your spin.
What I absofuckinglutely don't buy is optics made in China..

I get your point way to much shit comes from China but please don't tell me a couple of rings going into a top tier S&B optic is anything like buying a fucking Piece of shit Chinese Arken
You realize that the optics manufacturing trade in China is like 0.001% (or less) of their overall manufacturing in that country, right? It's such a small portion their overall manufacturing, it really makes virtually zero effect on their economy, whether people buy MIC optics, or not. Especially when compared to ALL the other shit they make that people all over the world buy.

I mean, your money, your choice, I just find that to be a very odd place to draw the line in the sand with the CCP, compared to the other MASSIVE amount of products they make that most people have no problem buying and using on a daily basis... 🤷🏼

As for the o-rings comment, I didn't say it was the same thing, I just said that it's a bit hypocritical to hate on Arken so hard for being MIC, when top-tier scopes still have some Chinese parts in them...Whether it's a large or small amount. Unfortunately, we will never escape Chinese parts or manufacturing. The Elites and world governments have sold the world out to them...And everyone is in too deep to pull out now.

Sig has a mid-range 1-10. You can find them for around $500 or so on sale. It comes with a mount.

It's hard to tell through text... That's why we use emojis. 😉 Plus, with all the Arken hate, it's hard to tell who's serious and who's not.
When I first started in this game I bought lots of “budget” option optics, spent a lot of money and time and was never really satisfied. Eventually I just decided to invest money on good “alpha” glass and ever since I have been a big proponent of buy once cry once when it comes to optics, now I understand not everyone’s budget is the same and one should live within their means but I still wouldn’t buy an Arken or any “just as good” optics. And just so it’s clear I don’t hate Arken or give two shits if it was manufactured in china or not, the issue for me is that the quality and reliability are not there and in the optics game that’s really all that matters.

Reactions: mrmarklin
The USO TS-12 is a great scope for the money. I have one and it’s been good. It’s by no means a top tier scope but it does its job well.

The USO TS-12 is a great scope for the money. I have one and it’s been good. It’s by no means a top tier scope but it does its job well.
Thanks for the input. My LGS has a new in box one for $375 that's why it's on my list

Skip over the last ten post and take look at the arken, it is good for the money. Athlon is also great for the money. Athlon Black Friday deals at ny cameraland. Bf deals at arken right now also.

Looking at something in the 2-10 ish range, FFP with mil reticle for a mod range AR. 2 choices as of now are the US Optics TS12 or Swampfox Kentucky long 2-12 with recce mil. I can get both of these for just about the same price so I would like to hear your guys input or other options under $400
Call Doug at Cameraland NY. I just ordered an Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 and was surprised at the price. Doug is really good peeps.