• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mid Tier Rangefinder

Drew890

RLTW
Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2010
    Colorado
    I hate to start a thread like this, but I need to be saved from my analysis paralysis.
    I am trying to decide on a rangefinder in the sub $1,000 price range.
    I currently use an older Bushnell Elite 1500 and would like to upgrade.
    A few people have recommended the Razor HD 4000.
    Are there any other ranging units in my price range that I should be considering?
    All insights are much appreciated.

If your totally comfortable at near the $1000 level the Leica 2800 is a known performer.

At the $500 level the Leupold 2800 is pretty impressive.

Call Scott at Liberty Optics about the Sig Kilo3000BDX. It's a decent 10x binocular, a great laser rangefinder, and has Bluetooth connectivity to the Kestrel Elite (5700 AB). It will easily range on non reflective targets to past 1500 yds. I've even got reliable ranges past 2200 yards. Although MSRP is over your price target, Liberty Optics price might be within your target price range.

Well within your price range is also the Sig Kilo2200BDX which is not a binocular, it's a 7x monocular with Applied Ballistics Ultralight software built in. I used to have an older Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder and the ranging capability of the Sig rangefinder line is impressive.

Last edited: