• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Middle TN Gunsmith

Done Vida

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2012
Tennessee
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I have a Rem700 .308 that has been used as a hunting rifle for a few years and I would like to turn it into a 1000yd shooter. Im interested getting into some competitions also. It seems my area is short on quality smiths for this kind of job. Some advice/experiences on anyone in my general area would help me alot. I wouldn't mind traveling or shipping the rifle too far if the quality of the work is worth it. Thanks for any advice

Re: Middle TN Gunsmith

I have heard that Pitts builds some nice rifles. I sent mine to Longrifles Inc. simply because I have seen his work. I just couldn't justify spending a lot of money without absolutely knowing the quality of work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bugholes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.predatorcustomshop.com/

Bob Howard and Jim Ruiz over at Predator build a great rifle at very reasonable rates.</div></div> This... </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bugholes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.predatorcustomshop.com/

Bob Howard and Jim Ruiz over at Predator build a great rifle at very reasonable rates.</div></div> This... </div></div>

Hey Greg, thanks for letting me use that .243 reamer.

That Kreiger barrel shoots lights out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howard Pitts of Pitts Precision</div></div>

This!