• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midget snipers

Snipe260

Fisterateor
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    I know a guy who has a son interested in joining the marine corp. he’s wanting to make a sniper. Do they have a heights requirement? He had a gland problem as a child that stunted his growth!

13D31255-1C03-41D0-9A53-7CC885B09FB2.gif

475A87C2-76CE-4317-967F-FD2A3C5B7036.png

Here’s a pic he’s putting in his portfolio for recruitment. The guy is short but he is buff

Great news. He’s barely 4’10.

It sounds like height is not the issue (and BTW our fearless leader is much taller than that); but may depend on other health issues regarding his shortness. If its a cultural thing (i.e. Asian/Indonesian decent), or familial and he is on otherwise good health and can carry his weight as expected should be ok, but if he is a real "midget" i.e. achondroplasia there are many other associated health issues (hearing, vision any more) than may effect his selection.

Edit: Sorry, that photo above is achondroplasia; so the odds would be stacked against him - I would be very surprised if they didn't see this as an issue. He might be able to get into the military due to their shortage, but selection into scout sniper training could be an issue. He needs someone to be honest with him (as in not a recruiter). **Range of motion, scoliosis/lordosis/kyphosis which are usually present are often disqualifying for military service depending degrees. He also appears to have a chest wall deformity that can be disqualifying.

Last edited:
    It sounds like height is not the issue (and BTW our fearless leader is much taller than that); but may depend on other health issues regarding his shortness. If its a cultural thing (i.e. Asian/Indonesian decent), or familial and he is on otherwise good health and can carry his weight as expected should be ok, but if he is a real "midget" i.e. achondroplasia there are many other associated health issues (hearing, vision any more) than may effect his selection.
    Thank you. This is the answer I was looking for. I let his dad know. He said he is pumped. He actually Jewish with Afro American descent! Strange mix

About 20 years ago I met one of the New Orleans Saints player. I think he was all of 5’7”. I asked about his size( in a polite way). He said: it’s not how big your are, it’s how big you play is what counts! I’ve never forgot this.👍👍

Thank you. This is the answer I was looking for. I let his dad know. He said he is pumped. He actually Jewish with Afro American descent! Strange mix

Best to ask someone who does military entrance physicals with full disclosure of any known issues- even if he is in good condition now the fact he as a chest wall deformity and lordosis I can see, not to mention other things associated we can't see would likely be disqualifying. I've done some C&P (Comp & Pen) stuff in residency but no experience with admission physicals - so please don't take this as absolute but should be easy to find out for sure. There are some medics/PA's in the VA system here than could also give input.

Reactions: Snipe260
    Seems like a crew of little people would be a huge advantage on a submarine, I wonder if the Navy ever looked into it?
    In WW2, they were in huge demand at the Boeing plants because they could work inside wings and other tight areas…..

So there is always the Air Force!

Sirhr

First, I've got nothing against short people, and I'm all about going all in with a big heart. That being said, how does someone like that make the timed runs for a special type of job. I'm not even going to start about the smurf crew at Bud/s......

Reactions: Dirty D
    First, I've got nothing against short people, and I'm all about going all in with a big heart. That being said, how does someone like that make the timed runs for a special type of job. I'm not even going to start about the smurf crew at Bud/s......
    Being a SEAL and a Marine Scout Sniper are two different things. You guys would drop 3 to 5 miles from an objective, run/swim in, and usually had no plans to stick around once the dance was over.

This is a little guy that was really bad ass. His account of calling in artillery strike on an NVA convoy while trying to evade capture is a good read.

1669146193629.png

Tyler Hughes is a fairly well known precision rifle trainer and shooting competitor. He hosts the max ordinate podcast and was a marine corps sniper. He's a solid guy, and I've never seen him measured, but he can't be more than 5'3".

Several years ago I used a muffler shop to do an exhaust system on a hot rod. The owner asked me about the location of the cross over tube and we went to the lift to check it out. There were three guys standing under the car looking up at it. I swear I needed a creeper to get under the car. There wasn't a guy over 5'4" in the place. And there was only one of them. The rest were shorter.
    They did great work and the welds were impressive. My buddy and I nick named the shop as Micro Midas

If they can put litter boxes in our local High School bathroom for the Furries to pee and poop in, surely this gentlemen can go shoot bad guys!

Hayden.
    For real?

Guy I work with told me a story about his niece. Another kid at school identifies as a dog, that way he/she/it can wear a collar at school. The kid barked at her, she barked back. She got in trouble.