• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway AR Stoner upper and handgaurd?

Shawn1492

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Colorado
AHas anyone used one of the Midway AR Stoner uppers? They are on sale as a upper/ handgaurd set for crazy cheap. Are they usable? Say for a 16 inch plinking gun?
shawn

I put one together as a blaster for my older boy. Just gets used when people want to do mag dumps and I don't want the abuse on my other AR's.

I've never had a issue.

I just picked up their .458 Socom side charging upper. I had to replace the bolt due to some feeding issues that are common to the caliber (replaced with the tromix piece), but it’s otherwise been very good. Crazy low price and it’s actually pretty accurate... it’ll put 5 into 1-1.5” @ 100 with the underwood/lehigh controlled fracturing 300gr rounds. Can’t complain, especially for the price.

Also, just FYI... those uppers are all made by Bear Creek Arsenal (as I understand) and the prices on their direct site seem to be much cheaper for some of them. Worth checking out first.

I have the 556 and a 243 and would not hesitate to purchase another caliber. Mine shoot and function well and group 5 shot groups of my reloads at 1 moa consistently. BCA are cheaper price wise but shipping can be slow.

My 16" M4gery and two 6.5 Grendels (20" and 24") Uppers are AR Stoner; one being completely homebuilt from AR Stoner components. It is a slick side billet upper with a blended handguard. Aside from the BCG, it has no other moving parts, like Forward Assist, or Port Cover, though the Case Deflector remains. So far, the assist and cover do not appear to be needed.

One, the 24" Grendel, broke an ejector; but that was due to running excessively hot handloads. It was replaced with a JP Enhanced 6.5 Grendel extractor.

In general, I like the product, especially like the price; and AR Stoner will be my first choice for more AR projects.

I also find that the Palmetto State Armory PA-10 and PA-15 Classic Lowers make affordable armatures upon which to upgrade.

My PA-10 is comprised one each of PSA Upper and Lower. Since function testing; it and the others above (but not the M4gery) have each been upgraded as bag riders.

Greg

Last edited: