• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway Discontinues Sale of CCI 450's

Aftermath

RECOIL FETISHIST
Minuteman
  • May 14, 2013
    Yonder
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.18.51 PM.png

• Wow
    Reactions: mtang45
    They've sent me at least a dozen notifications today and tonight.

It was only for cases of 5k.

Not sure what is going on. They just had cases of 500s the other day I believe...I don't think they are discontinued. But who knows....

Meh. MidwayUSA is just discontinuing a bunch of stuff that’s been back ordered for a long time IMO. They sent me a similar notice about 125gr 30 cal NBT bullets, but those aren’t discontinued by Nosler, just out of stock everywhere since last summer.

I got notifications on a bunch of these two. I think Midway is discontinuing their sale of the 5k cases because they’re just breaking them up into 1k bricks for sale. They’re also limiting it to 1k per week per SKU. What this means is that you can buy one brick per week for about $100 after shipping and hazmat since they never release all the different available primers at the same time. Milking the customers for more $? Perhaps. Brownells is still selling them in the 5k cases though. But good luck getting any.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    I got notifications on a bunch of these two. I think Midway is discontinuing their sale of the 5k cases because they’re just breaking them up into 1k bricks for sale. They’re also limiting it to 1k per week per SKU. What this means is that you can buy one brick per week for about $100 after shipping and hazmat since they never release all the different available primers at the same time. Milking the customers for more $? Perhaps. Brownells is still selling them in the 5k cases though. But good luck getting any.
    This exactly. F*** them. I got 11 unique discontinuation emails yesterday for all 5k boxes of primers. They're breaking them up. I posted on Midway's IG that I'm done with them if they don't change their policy. F*** paying $30 hazmat and shipping for every single 1k.

I've never had a Brownells order not get canceled for primers even if I got the order in so I've been unlucky with them but I'll be trying to buy from them instead.

Last edited:
    I suspect it is due to unreliable delivery from manufacturers and it will allow them to establish new sku numbers for the pricing going forward.

Reactions: lash
    Midway has always, for completely obscure reasons, shown some items, including ammo that is currently in production, being discontinued and not out of stock.

Dunno why.

Now, the fella above who said that he got many "discontinued" notices but only on qty of 5K is probably onto something.

I know that this sucks and pisses people off, but this is becoming a trend in today’s market situation. I can get finally get CCI SV .22 ammo regularly, but only one brick at a time allowed per day. Add in shipping and tax and a single brick costs more than twice as much as it should. But try to find anywhere that will sell you more than that, AND has product in stock.

Point being is that online retailers are trying to keep customers by allowing more of them to purchase, albeit in smaller quantities than they would like. Then, there is the factor of negotiating new contracts with the primer manufacturers, who are passing on increased costs to the market.

Plus, if you think about it, it helps to make it harder for the scalpers who buy up everything in stock and then list it here in the PX for much more than what you pay Midway, even after hazmat and shipping.

Pick your poison. I don’t like it any better than you do, but I’ll take availability of smaller lots over not being able to buy the larger lots at all.

I know that this sucks and pisses people off, but this is becoming a trend in today’s market situation. I can get finally get CCI SV .22 ammo regularly, but only one brick at a time allowed per day. Add in shipping and tax and a single brick costs more than twice as much as it should. But try to find anywhere that will sell you more than that, AND has product in stock.

Point being is that online retailers are trying to keep customers by allowing more of them to purchase, albeit in smaller quantities than they would like. Then, there is the factor of negotiating new contracts with the primer manufacturers, who are passing on increased costs to the market.

Plus, if you think about it, it helps to make it harder for the scalpers who buy up everything in stock and then list it here in the PX for much more than what you pay Midway, even after hazmat and shipping.

Pick your poison. I don’t like it any better than you do, but I’ll take availability of smaller lots over not being able to buy the larger lots at all.

This all holds water until applied to primers where every shipment has an additional hazmat cost which can be up to a 30% increase on the 1 brick of primers. Spread that out over 5 bricks in a case and it's not as harsh. Now add in that the 1k brick of primers I bought in January at $44 is now $75. I defended Midway earlier this year but they've gone stupid on this.

This all holds water until applied to primers where every shipment has an additional hazmat cost which can be up to a 30% increase on the 1 brick of primers. Spread that out over 5 bricks in a case and it's not as harsh. Now add in that the 1k brick of primers I bought in January at $44 is now $75. I defended Midway earlier this year but they've gone stupid on this.
    As mentioned in my post, I took that into account. Spend some time looking for primers in the PX here or elsewhere online in the aftermarket/private market. I don’t think that it’s even possible to find a brick for under $100 shipped, much less than for $75 shipped.

Yes, it sucks. But show me who is actually selling boxes of 5000 now, AND has them in stock to actually buy. I’ll wait...and wait...and wait.

Then if you actually do find some that show in stock, maybe you’ll be able to get through the checkout process before they go out of stock again, but probably not.

Anyone ever use "camofire"? I have 0 affiliation..once in a while I buy stuff on there.

Anyways. They have a pretty awesome feature. Buy today and you have 7 or 10 days or something before your order automatically ships. Or you can ship it immediately. Or whenever you want in between that automatically day.

That would be awesome for hazmat stuff. If more primers or powder ship, you add it to the existing order. All would ship together and 1 fee.

Some will argue its impossible. Sorry. Camofire somehow learned to manage it just fine...and they sell different discounted gear every 24hrs.

As mentioned in my post, I took that into account. Spend some time looking for primers in the PX here or elsewhere online in the aftermarket/private market. I don’t think that it’s even possible to find a brick for under $100 shipped, much less than for $75 shipped.

Yes, it sucks. But show me who is actually selling boxes of 5000 now, AND has them in stock to actually buy. I’ll wait...and wait...and wait.

Then if you actually do find some that show in stock, maybe you’ll be able to get through the checkout process before they go out of stock again, but probably not.
    I literally stated I bought primers for $44/k in January(31st) from Midway. That's not like it was pre-covid. Brownells is still selling for them for $54/k when they have them - and yes you have to catch them on drops JUST like on midway.

Last edited:
    They discontinued all 5k primer orders.
    Larry makes more money selling you primers at 1k at a time + shipping and hazmat.
    I'd "like" this but i really don't like it. yeah sell in 5k so shipping/hazmat doesn't kill a 1k order.

He will open the 5000 pack and just sell 1000 at a time, more $$$ for him