• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Midway Movie

From the trailer it sounds like it is the story of Ens. Frank O’Flaherty and his gunner, AMM1/C Bruno Gaido. Good story with sad ending. Gaido saved the Enterprise on 1 Feb 42 when a Japanese aircraft attempted to crash into Enterprise...Gaido left the catwalk and climbed into the rear of a parked SBD and opened fire with the twin AN/M2s, causing the aircraft to lose control and crash into the ocean. It came close enough to clip the tail off the SBD that Gaido was shooting from.

was expecting so much more,
total CGI
i guarantee it doesnt grasp the importance of that day, as the day that literally changed the world from then on

It is rather odd that two films about the Battle of Midway would come out within months of each other... Midway (8 Nov 19 release date) and Dauntless (1 Sep 19 release date).

I remember seeing the original one in 1976 with my Dad. It was a Father/Son day on a Saturday. Lunch at Burger King 1st, then off to the Hodge Theater in Midland Tx for the show. Every time I see it on TV, I smile thinking of that day.

Looking forward to both of the releases next month. The trailers look amazing and despite what the reviews are I will definitely see both.
Just seeing the aircraft from world War 2 will wind my clock.

I think the last movie I saw during that timeline was Dunkirk and it sucked granted the airplane scenes were cool.

The trailers and movie poster are enough to keep me away from this one. I will just pull out my VHS tape (yes, I still have those, and BETA too, and players to watch them with) and watch the 1976 version. THAT was a very will done movie and worth watching. This new one, not so much. CGI still can't do airplanes right. I'll pass.

I wonder how many genders of people will be in this revision of history, maybe some gay love thing in the plot. you know Admiral Nimitz wanting to get with Admiral Yamamoto for some butt secks was the real problem in WWII. This one has got to blow in an epic way, literally.

I wonder how many genders of people will be in this revision of history, maybe some gay love thing in the plot. you know Admiral Nimitz wanting to get with Admiral Yamamoto for some butt secks was the real problem in WWII. This one has got to blow in an epic way, literally.
Rofl!!!

I just watched Dauntless. I’m not an aviation buff, but I can ID most of the different aircraft. As a historical flick, it was ok. Never figured out if it was a story about downed pilots, the Battle of Midway, or SAR. More of an overview than a continuous narrative.

The Dauntless and PBY are two of my favorite American aircraft of the era, so that made it worth watching. Seeing the film as a tribute to two lost combat aviators was moving, as well.

Fuck that movie. At the end, they dedicated the movie to American AND JAPANESE sailors and pilots who fought.

And it you dont care about that, the movie itself was pretty bad. they tried to cover too much without explaining how it all connects.

I just cant believe youd have a movie that starts out with the bombing of pearl harbor, and then dedicate it to those that dropped the bombs at the end.

Fucking disgrace!!!

does the movie mention the torpedo bombers that drew the Japanese fighter cover and allowed the dive bombers to do their job? They were all shot down but saved the day for Dauntless.

The special effects were amazing. Felt you you could be on the deck of one of those flat tops as you were about to pilot a plane.

There was only a few actors i recognized which is a nice change.
I think new talent can make a movie just as good with veteran actors.
I’m overly impressed with the airplane
Scenes which is all the i was hoping to get out of it.

The dedication at the end of the movie was bullshit .

Well think about it...
We should dedicate something to the japs.
If we didn’t kick their ass we would have not ruled the world for the last 80 years.
So I’m thankful for them getting us going on the right path. Lol

does the movie mention the torpedo bombers that drew the Japanese fighter cover and allowed the dive bombers to do their job? They were all shot down but saved the day for Dauntless.
they did, flying slow, obsolete Devestators, but it was not an intentional suicide mission. They made their torpedo runs with the full expectation of getting hits and making it back home.