• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

midway varget

Re: midway varget

I give it less then 12 hours.

They also have H335 in stock too.

at 143.99 plus the hazmat plus their 9.99 fee to ship powder. what a freaking joke. I will not give them my business in the near future. Powder valley does not have it in yet but will soon and most likely not at that high a price nor the 9.99 extra screwing that they want to give you.

My local guy has Varget, albeit in smaller quantities, for $20+7% tax and a 44 mile round trip. The other guy, at 22 mile round trip, is $23+7%.

Chris

Found a single pound 50+ miles from home, luckily I work in that area. 21.99. had them put my name on it, hopfully it'll be there when I go to get it Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at 143.99 plus the hazmat plus their 9.99 fee to ship powder. what a freaking joke. I will not give them my business in the near future. Powder valley does not have it in yet but will soon and most likely not at that high a price nor the 9.99 extra screwing that they want to give you.</div></div>

Screwage for sure. That said, Powder Valley called me last Thursday, as I had some Varget on backorder, along with some other stuff - they said it was likely to be July before they have more Varget. I kept the Varget on backorder and had them ship everything else...

They had some 8lb jugs in today and they sold out while i was filling out my info, this sucks

I also got some of the Varget from Midway. I agree with the above post about price gouging for the shipping. Shipping and hazmat for the powder was $29.00, but what can you do. Buy it while you can.

I bought an 8 pound jug while they still had some. 22.50 for Hazmat and 9.99 to drop ship.

+ 9.99
--------
$176.48

That is 22.06 per pound which is 3 bucks cheaper than my local shop. That and the local shop only ever has 2 pounds at a time. So while it feels a little like getting screwed, it's actually not. Plus I will have some as opposed to not having any which is good. That said, we'll see when I get it...

I placed an order too. Local shops do not or can't hold more then a certain weight in powder. They always have large containers of pistol powders. I would never understand that. I can do over 1k rounds with a pound of pistol powder. 1 lb of rifle powder doesn't really get you far. And Varget is 24.95 per pound here with no sales tax.

My local guy has it in stock but it is now $25.00/ pound! Prior to November it was $21.00!

I save on shipping and hazmat fees buying powder and primers locally.

I just want some damn Lapua .308 brass to show up SOMEWHERE!
wink.gif

I got some recently from gunstop.com

Varget locally is $22-23/lbs. I got in on the Midway 8lbs jug last week as well, but apparently it is drop-shipped directly from Hodgdon. I found this out because I called up Midway to try to add to my order and they said they couldn't because the powder was being drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer. Go figure!

Well, that explains why all of my order except for the Varget showed up...

any idea on when the varget should get to our door steps?

I found ONE place in the Las Vegas valley with Varget.

Nineteen (!) one-pounders on the shelf.

$29.95 apiece.

I have a feeling there's a reason why they haven't exactly "flown off the shelves" there. I passed.

If anyone wants me to pick one up for a FTF delivery between there and Cedar City, speak before 8 a.m. tomorrow or forever hold your peace...

I for one have no desire to support that type of price-gouging.

I asked about the timeframe for the drop shipment and midway said 2-3 weeks for powder and that they will send a seperate tracking number when it ships. The rest of my order showed up yesterday. I agree, its not worth it with the hazmat and shipping if you just buy an 8lb jug. Thats the exact reason I took the opportunity to stock up on some 155 scenar and 175 SMK when I placed my order..

I just got a call from Midway a couple of hours ago and the powder is a no go. It seems that the manufacturer or vendor that Midway gets it from can't come through with their order. I was one of the first ones they called about it and they have a stack of orders to call and deliver the bad news. No backorder list or anything. I might have to check some Ramshot Tac. Seems that Wideners has plenty of that in stock.

Are the Australians buying up all the stuff that ADI can make right now?

They were really, really stupid to not build a small production facility here five years ago when US shortages started cropping up.

I may never buy that **** again. US-made powders only, my friends! Some level of superior performance is NOT worth the supply uncertainties of foreign production for me any more. No further experiments with H4895 for that reason, too.

grrrr....

I cant find varget anywhere. I can sometime find it at my local Gander Mountain but they only get shipments once a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My local guy has Varget, albeit in smaller quantities, for $20+7% tax and a 44 mile round trip. The other guy, at 22 mile round trip, is $23+7%.

Chris</div></div>

Hmmm...at my mileage and IF the bulk of that drive is freeway and my local gas prices, that would put one pound as costing me $26.80 plus about an hour and 20 minutes. Two pounds, $48.50; three pounds, $70.20 ( = down to $23.40/lb...)

However, I lived in central Florida many years ago and can't imagine that the quality of life over in the Miami area could ever be worth the traffic congestion and concentration of idjits I find in almost every area of more than 200,000 population any more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a call from Midway a couple of hours ago and the powder is a no go. It seems that the manufacturer or vendor that Midway gets it from can't come through with their order. I was one of the first ones they called about it and they have a stack of orders to call and deliver the bad news. No backorder list or anything. I might have to check some Ramshot Tac. Seems that Wideners has plenty of that in stock.</div></div>

I got the same call.

I think Midway is doing that for all powders, not just the Varget. I got both an e-mail, and a call today about the cancellation of my RE15 order that I placed on monday.

Got lucky at Sportsman's Warehouse earlier today, 2 five pounders.

I called Midway since I never got this cancellation call others are getting and they said that my Varget is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday.

I never got the call of cancellation either. I hope mine comes this week as well.
Rob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a call from Midway a couple of hours ago and the powder is a no go. It seems that the manufacturer or vendor that Midway gets it from can't come through with their order. I was one of the first ones they called about it and they have a stack of orders to call and deliver the bad news. No backorder list or anything. I might have to check some Ramshot Tac. Seems that Wideners has plenty of that in stock.</div></div>

I got the same call. </div></div>

Unfortunately so did I. Oh well I'll be fine for a little bit. But another 16lbs would have made me a little more comfy.

Just called Midway, as they never bothered to notify me. The word is "there is no more Varget, and we won't backorder."

I know these are unusual times, and everybody makes mistakes, but their previous e-mail message of, "Great news! Your order is on the truck.," strikes me as being highly disingenuous.

Oh well, time to work up a different load I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Just Jim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The word is "there is no more Varget, and we won't backorder." </div></div>

If that was infact, Midways responce, their full of shit.

Why are others are still getting Varget in?

Well, mine arrived yesterday.

Midway's message last Wednesday said they would not know the delivery date until tomorrow.

So, again, Midway LIED. It got here sooner than they led me believe it would...after it didn't arrive when originally expected.

My point is that they got one legitimate kick from me, but I won't kick them again for making it right sooner than promised.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Varget locally is $22-23/lbs. I got in on the Midway 8lbs jug last week as well, but apparently it is drop-shipped directly from Hodgdon.</div></div>

I live about an hour from Midway. I rarely have cause to go up to Columbia and generally just pay the shipping. One time I figured I'd order some powder and pick it up there to avoid the hazmat fee. I was told the same thing, that it's shipped from the supplier.

My local, reloading supplier (26 miles away) usually has Varget in stock when I've gone over there. Haven't bought any for a month or so, but he keeps a good supply of powder and primers on inventory every time I've been in there.

I bought 16 lbs from a local shop for $260 out the door. I was happy because no one else had any in stock and I don't like paying hazmat. But now I can't fine primers this is just may luck!

How do you find Varget for $130/8lbs or $16.25/lbs? That's an amazing steel!

It was $130/8lbs from a shop in Oklahoma City. Yeah and that was out the door so that would be about $120/8lbs plus tax. I was very happy.

I just called midway and they said they didnt have a go or a no go on my Varget order yet. So I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Im going to see if the local place has any today just to be safe.

I got the "Your Varget has shipped" message, signed by Mr. Potterfield himself, too. Then, a few days later, I got the message indicating that they were refunding my credit card, since they didn't have any Varget.

Strike one: Charging three bucks to place a <$25 order.
Strike two: The extra $9.99 powder handling fee.
Strike three: Lying to me about my Varget shipping.

The bummer is that I passed up a chanced to get some at a Cabela's, since I had eight pounds on order :^(

I'm absolutely done doing business with MidwayUSA.

Bob

kombayotch when did you place your order i still have not recieved mine but i have not had a cancilation