• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway's Blemished bullets are BACK!!

Re: Midway's Blemished bullets are BACK!!

It looks like they limit it to 500 of each kind per order. Is that the norm or does my cart not work?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway has their blemished bullets on sale! Type in blemished in the search bar, and they will pull up.
</div></div>

Chad,

You Da Fricken Man!

Thanks for the heads up. I took advantage since my birfday is coming
laugh.gif
!

For anyone interested, there are discount codes available for discounts of;

$10.00 on any retail order of $100.00---------104102

$20.00 on $200.00 ----------------------------204102

$30.00 on $300.00-----------------------------304102

You can buy 1500 of the 17 caliber bullets. But be careful. The 17's are FMJ's.

Also check out the blemishes at MidSouth. I believe they are cheaper than Midway. But I believe they are in boxes of 500. Tom.

A lot of these are Hornady and it looks like there are 178 BTHP's in the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: repiv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes these?

Blemished Bullets 30 Caliber (308 Diamet...(Bulk Packaged) </div></div>

Me too.

Is this an old Hornady item?

Or maybe it's a mistake and it should really be polymer-tipped?

The 208s are cheap.

I'm going to try some of THESE in the 5.7x28:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: repiv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes these?

That is Hornady's 178 BTHP.

Almost, if not all of them, are Hornady bullets. I bought a bunch of 40 cal and 270 bullets last time around. I loaded up some test loads for my college roomates' 270 Win, and they shot into 1/2" at 100 yards. The only blemish was the cannelure varied slightly up and down on the bullet. The 40 cal bullets had some discoloration. I am still shooting the last bit of these up for my comps. They shoot great as well.
So, for hunting and handgun shooting, I think they are great. I can't speak of the match bullets yet, but I have some coming this way now.

man I just bought some 208's from Powder Valley at their price.but hey I will still get some of these too.thanks Chad for the heads up.

and if anyone gets any of the 178's let us know how they shoot,and what load you are useing with them.for me I think I would try the new ALLIANT 2000LR with 47.7gn.but would work up to that for its a compressed load in their book.so fare this is the only powder that comes close to the loaded ammo that they are saleing now.

Right as I was ordering my email from Midway came thru! heehee. I ordered a bunch of bullets as they had a lot of stuff I shoot. Schweet!

John

I managed to get 2 boxes of the 155's, and as I dropped 5 boxes of the 208's into my cart, I clicked "checkout" and there were none left!

I still managed to snag about 3000 of them total for under 5 bills. With the stuff I bought in January from Wideners, I won't need any more bullets now for another year.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

For anyone interested, there are discount codes available for discounts of;

$10.00 on any retail order of $100.00---------104102
</div></div>

Just order a ton of bullets and some other junk thanks for the code bud, you saved me the cost of shipping!!!

They're selling out of the match stuff fast.
The 68's sold out while I was browsing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5R milspec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and if anyone gets any of the 178's let us know how they shoot </div></div>

I happened on an old box of them at a country store a while back(178 Amax HP) in the old riveted boxes, I think thats what you guys are talking about, anyway, I shot them just like they were 175smk's and had perfect results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5R milspec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and if anyone gets any of the 178's let us know how they shoot </div></div>

I happened on an old box of them at a country store a while back(178 Amax HP) in the old riveted boxes, I think thats what you guys are talking about, anyway, I shot them just like they were 175smk's and had perfect results. </div></div>

Coldbore,

These are very clearly HPBT 178 match bullets (not polymer tipped like the AMAX) which I am betting heavily are the new Hornady pills, albeit blemished. I know of know one else doing 178 grain HPBTs. I have 500 of them on the way and I'll let y'all know how they shoot, though it may be a few weeks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: repiv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes these?

That is Hornady's 178 BTHP.

Almost, if not all of them, are Hornady bullets. I bought a bunch of 40 cal and 270 bullets last time around. I loaded up some test loads for my college roomates' 270 Win, and they shot into 1/2" at 100 yards. The only blemish was the cannelure varied slightly up and down on the bullet. The 40 cal bullets had some discoloration. I am still shooting the last bit of these up for my comps. They shoot great as well.
So, for hunting and handgun shooting, I think they are great. I can't speak of the match bullets yet, but I have some coming this way now. </div></div>

thanks for grabbing those 155's for me, man.

I never saw the 178's. I did pick up some .224 68's and 77's though. I got the cannalured ones. In hind sight I should have got the slick side ones as a buggered cannalure is one of the reasons for rejection. Oh well.

Also picked up some 7mm bonded bullets and some .30 cal all copper bullets for hunting. At those prices I can afford to experiment. Last year I fiddled with Nosler accubonds in 6.5mm and couldn't get them to shoot well.

I also missed out on the .224 gr 52 match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: repiv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to try some of THESE in the 5.7x28:] </div></div>

I hit Midway as soon as I got the email. Loaded up on these 40 grain VMAX for my FiveseveN and they're excellent. Unlike a lot of other people I use 800X or HS6 but that's another story...

I also got a bunch of the .355's for .380 ACP and 9mm, other .223's, and whatever would fit in my cart. I used USPS for shipping so they should be here tomorrow morning and I've got an afternoon of reloading scheduled with the wife... wish me luck...