• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Might be losing it? This ever happen to you?

Precision Quest

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2023
Here and there
The wind was favourable for a few hours on Friday am and I went to the range before the wind started to howl.

After I shot the Vudoo, I went to shooting the Kidd 10/22. For the Kidd, first I shot the Eley Match as it was pretty consistent, so at the cease fire I went downrange to the 50 yard targets and marked the lot of Eley Match and checked out the groupings more closely, and returned to the bench. Next I shot the Eley SA BR at 50 yards out of the Kidd.

Through my scope I could clearly see that the ELEY SA BR shot better than the Eley Match and decided right there to move all my gear down to the 100 yard range. So I left my target up at 50 yards and arranged all my stuff to prepare shoot at 100. At the cease fire I set up a target at 100 and took down my 50 yard Vudoo and Kidd targets.

At 100 yards I averaged .75" on five 5 shot groups. The SD's on 50 shots was 5.8 with a spread of 25 fps. So I decided I would use the Kidd in an upcoming Rimire PRS event planned this weekend.

Well here is the dilemma... after getting home and measuring the groups, either one of two things happened:
1. I am losing it and getting to old and seeing things that aren't real?

OR

2. Someone shot at my target after I left the 50 yard shooting spots? Note there was someone sitting and shooting .22 in the lane right next to me the whole time I was shooting at 50 yards. It seems odd to me that someone would shoot at my target. In additon to a massive flyer, that I swear wasn't there before I left the shooting spot, it appears that one of my groups has 6 or 7 shots in it as well.

Now I an second guessing using the KIDD at the upcoming rimfire event - as the one bizarre shot is close to 1/2" from my group.

SO
Have you ever had anyone shoot at your target at the range? Or ought I lay off the weed? (j/k)

wth3.jpg

wth2.jpg

100 yard
100.jpg

Yep, I've had someone shoot my target and also noted something down wrong because trying to do too much in one range session.

FWIW the picture is too blurry to be 100% sure, but the hole from the flyer in question does seem to be oblong not round like the rest of your shots. That suggests to me it was shot from an angle such as another table not on your lane.

I have attended 3 matches at the same location/event where there were crossfires at 2 of them. The targets even have a distance and shooter number to delineate them from each other. Here target at 150yds for shooter #1.

Target discrimination is a thing.
Screenshot_20230812_212126_Gallery.jpg

Yep, I've had someone shoot my target and also noted something down wrong because trying to do too much in one range session.

FWIW the picture is too blurry to be 100% sure, but the hole from the flyer in question does seem to be oblong not round like the rest of your shots. That suggests to me it was shot from an angle such as another table not on your lane.
I'll took a close up pic. It is a bit odd in addition to the shape, it doesn't have any black around the hole and the paper was ripped alot around the hole. Maybe grasping at straws here, but the range backer on my target had a lot of crap on it.

I can't seem to take a clear close up of the hole.

wth 4.jpg

There’s clearly a difference in powder marks on your rounds vs the one in question. My guess is someone shooting even closer than 50 or at 50 and a hit ground or other target first

A few months back I was at a local ARA match. I watched two OLD Guys shoot the same Unlimited target. Target was turned horizontal, one shooter started on the left sighters and moved to the top row to start. The other shooter started on the right sighters and moved to the bottom row to start. They passed each other somewhere in the middle and managed to shoot about 6 bulls twice before they noticed something was wrong.

I thought something like this was impossible...boy was I wrong!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A few months back I was at a local ARA match. I watched two OLD Guys shoot the same Unlimited target. Target was turned horizontal, one shooter started on the left sighters and moved to the top row to start. The other shooter started on the right sighters and moved to the bottom row to start. They passed each other somewhere in the middle and managed to shoot about 6 bulls twice before they noticed something was wrong.

I thought something like this was impossible...boy was I wrong!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
lol, that's funny.