• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Might be moving to Southern South Carolina

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Might be taking a job between Augusta Georgia and South Carolina. I know I'll miss the mountains/cooler weather but how is South Carolina? Is it ok tax wise? Growing liberal climate? I like to fly fish, is fly fishing for small mouth any good? Crime rates ok in the area? Good places to live? I think Augusta is the largest city near by.

Reactions: pabrousseau
Evans, Martinez, & Grovetown weren’t to bad when I was there 10+ years ago. Evans is probably the best area now to live.

Augusta is a shithole, we used to call it Disgusta. Aiken SC had some crime issues back then too. But it had some nice gun shows.

I don’t fish, can’t help you there.

Where will you work? Gordon?

Drive 2-3 hours up to western NC and you've got some world class trout fly fishing available.

You'll have a pretty decent selection of long range opportunities, Clinton House is about 1.5 hours from that area.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
Also, when I lived there “Load up Ammo”, previously known as Blankenship Firearms was a decent firearms/ammo dealer.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
"Evans, Martinez, & Grovetown weren’t to bad when I was there 10+ years ago. Evans is probably the best area now to live.

Augusta is a shithole, we used to call it Disgusta. Aiken SC had some crime issues back then too. But it had some nice gun shows.

I don’t fish, can’t help you there.

Where will you work? Gordon?"

To be honest not quite sure. I added my resume to a transfer list with the .gov. I am extremely interested in the job. May not get it but would like to know more about the area if I get lucky enough to be offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 232593
Drive 2-3 hours up to western NC and you've got some world class trout fly fishing available.

You'll have a pretty decent selection of long range opportunities, Clinton House is about 1.5 hours from that area.
Good deal, WV has a few but they aren't great. The local range I am currently part of has the land to put in a 1k target but have been arguing over the safety of it for a few years now....

Haven't been to Augusta in 25 years. They have a nice golf course. Good luck getting in.

Reactions: JimTN
Just from being there on vacation, it's hot, muggy, lots of golf courses over close to that big water hazard and very long sand trap. and you've got Lindsey Graham to help you along the way. I've heard there is a mile long range somewhere over there but not sure if it's in NC or SC.

The Augusta area has grown tremendously over the past 15 years and is still growing fast. The crime has come right along with the growth. Augusta is a liberal shithole with a very dysfunctional government. Aiken is leaning more left by the day. Most of the other surrounding areas are fairly conservative. Depending on where you are looking to work and if you have school age kids will help decide the area you want live in. The closest to small mouth you'll find are some shoal bass in small parts of the Savannah river. The large mouth, striper and hybrid fishing is great. Good hunting and lots of other outdoor activities in the area. There are a several nice shooting ranges around, with a few 1000yd+.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Definitely look at…ummm…demographics before buying a place.

Augusta is a shit hole, as is the whole state of South Carolina. North Carolina can tax this dick. Honestly, I’d work somewhere else.

Only good thing about being close to Augusta is all the hookers that come in during the golf shit.

Reactions: 232593
I was born and raised in SC. 20-30 years ago it wasn't bad. The only thing keeping me here in SC is that my father is still living here. Once his time is up, I'm headed to eastern TN. Too many people are moving here and turning it more blue and driving up real estate costs to the stratosphere. Most recent election stats show SC 55% red / 45% blue. Its only going to get worse.