• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Mighty Armory Gold Match 6mm BR FL Sizing Die

JBattles

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 9, 2019
    Tennessee
    Mighty Armory Gold Match 6mm BR FL Sizing Die

Might Armory 6mm BR Gold Match FL Sizing Die in great condition with extra set of decapping pins
    This will run you approx. $135 with tax/shipping.

$89 Shipped to you, PayPal F&F

Thanks - J

IMG_5260.jpg

Last edited:
    Without mandrel installed what are the necks sized to?
    To my understanding, Mandrels are based on caliber size and the mandrel measures .241 for a .243 caliber, 6mm, so .002 below. The die works on the inner neck and squishes the brass around the undersized .241 mandrel to get a consistent internal surface to seat the bullet. Inner neck dimension will always be consistent where outer neck dimension can vary based on brass thickness. I have not seen mandrels referred to outer neck sizes like you see bushings referred to, ie. .266 bushing, .267 bushing, etc.

I am not certain on the outer neck size - I just emailed Mighty Armory to ask them... I assume they take SAAMI spec and go .002 below, but will reply once I hear from Wayne on how he makes his dies.

Just curious how far it takes it down without the mandrel. Some dies, like Forster 6 BR dies take the neck too far down and then stretch it back out. Forster told me it was because most BR dies are sold to bench rest guys who turn their necks so they need to do this. That’s why I was asking about this die.

Just curious how far it takes it down without the mandrel. Some dies, like Forster 6 BR dies take the neck too far down and then stretch it back out. Forster told me it was because most BR dies are sold to bench rest guys who turn their necks so they need to do this. That’s why I was asking about this die.
    gotcha - this one can't do that because it is smashing the brass on the mandrel at the same time unlike a normal die process where you make the neck too small and then pull the sizing button back through to make it the final dimension.

Not true. The mandrel sizing portion is below the neck as it gets sized down. It sizes when the die goes back up. I have a MA Creedmoor die.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JBattles