• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mike R at tacops is awesome

bllistc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
I posted a thread on here asking for some recommendations on how to get a stubborn barrel off a factory rem 700 I’d picked up a while back. Mike comes out of nowhere and offers to take it off free of charge. After a thoroughly enjoyable phone call, I shipped it off to him to work his magic. Mike not only took off the barrel, but also machined a new bolt knob and sent me a set of his scope bases unprompted. He’s a generous and stand up guy and an awesome source to have here on the hide.

I can’t thank you enough Mike and I look forward to working with you again in the future. I definitely need to get me one of your tango 51’s now.

Attachments

• 0BDF5B48-0BAF-4AF6-A6A6-B9F8CB974A4F.jpeg
    0BDF5B48-0BAF-4AF6-A6A6-B9F8CB974A4F.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 9B777B77-7DF3-4ED2-ACBF-C075013F6571.jpeg
    9B777B77-7DF3-4ED2-ACBF-C075013F6571.jpeg
    498.8 KB · Views: 152
That's Mike. Called me out of the blue during one of the drag bag group buys and just shot the shit. Made sure my order was satisfactory and then off on a tangent. Someday a TacOps in my collection for sure

I've always appreciated his bolt knob installs, specifically the blending.

I don't like the look of the typical installs where the Remington knob is cut/ground off and then threaded. I don't like the rectangle handle meeting the knob.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
No question, Mike gets it. It's things like this that helped fuel my Tac Ops fire a few years back. Looking forward to receiving mine this summer.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
I posted a thread on here asking for some recommendations on how to get a stubborn barrel off a factory rem 700 I’d picked up a while back. Mike comes out of nowhere and offers to take it off free of charge. After a thoroughly enjoyable phone call, I shipped it off to him to work his magic. Mike not only took off the barrel, but also machined a new bolt knob and sent me a set of his scope bases unprompted. He’s a generous and stand up guy and an awesome source to have here on the hide.

I can’t thank you enough Mike and I look forward to working with you again in the future. I definitely need to get me one of your tango 51’s now.
Your Most Welcome it was my pleasure and thank you for the kind words...

Mike R.

I just happened to come across this thread while looking at a different one about the Tac Ops rifles. It suddenly dawned on me that I had spoken to Mike about 12 years ago maybe longer. Ya it’s been a long time.
Anyway I had a little sps .223 which was my first “precision” rifle and had either asked In a AR15.com post or something about a better stock. It’s been so long the details are fuzzy. Anyway I remember him somehow contacting
me and a few days later had a sendeo take off ( HS precision I think )and one of his cheek rest bags on the way.
I couldn’t tell you the price but I remember it was a killer deal because I was broke back then. It was kind of price you give just to pass on some good favor to a younger guy type deal.
It took me like 4 more months saving to buy the used Falcon Menace scope lol.

Anyway I had completely forgotten about it but it sorta just popped in my head. Unfortunately I ended up selling that rifle to pay bills and it kinda broke my heart because it was a big deal for me back then. A lot has changed since those days and I’ve been blessed with a great life and no longer broke. I have plenty of cool toys now. ;)

Anyway I thought I’d give a shameless plug for someone who took care of a young guy in his 20s like I was buying a $10k rifle .
It was a cool memory for me so hope you guys didn’t mind me sharing.

Last edited: