• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mil dot scopes

brickbd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2009
Twin Cities, Mn
As most of you can see by my posts I am new to this. I was wondering your opinion on the best website or book out there to explain and understand the Mildot scopes and how to use them properly. I shot about 500 rds through my Remington .308 at 100 yds....... I am going with a body next weekend to smack some things out to 700yds. I will need to understand my scope to conquer such a feet! Any help you can give woul dbe grealy appreciated

Re: Mil dot scopes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=378812&gonew=1#UNREAD

Have you read this yet?

Might not be as detail as many books out there, but covers the basics.

</div></div>

I followed the link and tried clicking on the links in the thread but they took me to another website. Am I overlooking something on the web page that the links take you to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wrote this article that might be of some help, in addition to some of the others available at Shooting Voodoo.

Maximizing The Mil-based Reticle </div></div>

Trigger Monkey thanks that is some confussing stuff and I am not that good when it comes to the math part either.
laugh.gif
I am used to dealing with MOA myself and using Aimpoints and ACOGs that we are issued. They use MOA adjustments and we have been taught the MOA method when zeroing and shooting.

I am wondering if I should just stick to what I know which is the MOA thing and get a scope with the MOA adjustments and reticle in it. I guess I need to look around as i dont think the SS scopes have the MOA set up.
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is also some good info here:

http://www.mil-dot.com

</div></div>

That is some good info, I will have to keeping reading it to get a better understanding if the MIL DOT retical, I am trying to figure out if I am going to go with the MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA set up.