• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MIL/MIL fixed 10x choices?

Josh-L

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2005
Red Dirt, OK USA
I thought I was set on the IOR fixed 10x cause I really like the MP8 reticle but they aren't available with MIL knobs. Are there any other fixed 10x scopes out there available in MIL/MIL other then a USO ST10? I can't find anything.

Re: MIL/MIL fixed 10x choices?

I jumped on the SS 10xHD bandwagon, UPS says it'll be here tomorrow.

With Lowlight test/approval, Flashing SH cupon code, instant availability and glowing CS... whats not to like?

However, If money were no object, bet your bottom dollar I would gladly wait the 6 months for an ST-10 with all my favorite toppings.

There's also the Bushnell 3200 10X mil/mil.

I put one on my 10/22, but it would work on a centerfire rifle too.

CopyofP7160010.jpg

CopyofP7160011.jpg

For the money - the SS 10x42 HD is hard to beat. The glass is great for a sub 1k scope. Beefy design and accurate adjustments. I like mine a lot, however, I have several US Optics as well ... Great Optics you won't be disappointed with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">S&B 10x42 PM </div></div>
+1

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have specified I'd like something in the sub $700 or $800 range.

Here's a list to get you started.

SS 10x42 standard and HD
Bushnell 3200 10x40
Wotac 10x40
Falcon 10x40
USO 10x44
Sightron 10x42
IOR I think still makes one, don't quote me.

Off hand I can't think of any more or that haven't been already posted.

Flyingbullseye

The Bushnell for the price is hard to beat but not the best way to go. I like the IOR they have really nice glass. The USO ST10s is a smoking scope and I love mine. They are extramural well made they will take a beating and give it back.

Here is my USO ST10S
P1040832-1-1.jpg

Link:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1798504

Mike @ CST

There's no way I'd spend $700 for a SS when a USO can be had for $985....

I had a ST10, and it was tits.

DSC_0270.jpg

I have had both a SS10x, USO ST-10 and a S&B 10x42, all are sold but I greatly preferred the S&B.

SS Pros:
2nd best glass
Cheapest

USO Pros:
Illumination option
Parallax adjustable
More elevation travel

S&B Pros:
Best color/glass
Excellent eye relief
Excellent crisp S&B knobs
Lighter and slimmer profile

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had both a SS10x, USO ST-10 and a S&B 10x42, all are sold but I greatly preferred the S&B.

SS Pros:
2nd best glass
Cheapest

USO Pros:
Illumination option
Parallax adjustable

S&B Pros:
Best color/glass
Excellent eye relief
Lighter and slimmer profile </div></div>

Your saying the Superchicken scope had better glass then the USO?..if so I find your statement to be utter Bullshit..Ive also owned a few supersnipers..and about a dozen USOs over the years..and a couple Schmidts. and there is no way SS glass comes close to USO in eith color or resolution. Ive seen you bash USO every chance you get and I find your public animosity towards USO to be very extreme my friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had both a SS10x, USO ST-10 and a S&B 10x42, all are sold but I greatly preferred the S&B.

SS Pros:
2nd best glass
Cheapest

USO Pros:
Illumination option
Parallax adjustable

S&B Pros:
Best color/glass
Excellent eye relief
Lighter and slimmer profile </div></div>

Your saying the Superchicken scope had better glass then the USO?..if so I find your statement to be utter Bullshit..Ive also owned a few supersnipers..and about a dozen USOs over the years..and a couple Schmidts. and there is no way SS glass comes close to USO in eith color or resolution. Ive seen you bash USO every chance you get and I find your public animosity towards USO to be very extreme my friend. </div></div>

To me the one SS I had had better glass than the one St-10 I have. If it makes you feel better, the USO had better eye relief than the SS so you can dry your eyes now.

I guess you must be really easily offended because I sure as hell didn't mean that as an insult to USO. I'm glad you chose to take the time to contribute absolutely nothing to the thread other than to insult me, very cute. I guess you must have missed the part when I discussed the Pros to USO?

If I really wanted to display extreme public animosity I would have added a cons section and listed out the beefs I had with my ST10, however I am not going to do that because it would give all the USO fanboys like you a reason to whine. Maybe I should just hop on the bandwagon and bash Leupolds instead because it's "safe".

Actually I happened to like leupolds too and I still have my Leupold M3ultra circa 1988. and I think its a better scope than all three mentioned..
BTW the super sniper had more eye relief than the USOs..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I happened to like leupolds too and I still have my Leupold M3ultra circa 1988. and I think its a better scope than all three mentioned..
BTW the super sniper had more eye relief than the USOs.. </div></div>

Well it so happens that I think Leupold makes a better fixed 10x than USO too but I have never owned one myself so I didn't mention that. I guess that could be construed as more USO bashing on my part, but you brought it up.
smile.gif

GAPLW260007.jpg

My favorite straight 10X is the S&B 10X42PMII..... this one is on top of a GAP .260. Compact, light and bulletproof.

Been using the ss 10Xhd for about 6 months and i love it. Clear glass, repeatable, i like rear focus. Good people at swfa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no way I'd spend $700 for a SS when a USO can be had for $985....

</div></div>

Have you run a SS 10X HD??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no way I'd spend $700 for a SS when a USO can be had for $985....

</div></div>

Have you run a SS 10X HD?? </div></div>

Nope, but I have run a SS, and a ST10. I'm not really too much concerned about how nice the glass is in the SS HD. The SS I had, while good for the money, was a very cheap feeling scope. If I can get USO glass which I know is good, and a well built scope, I'll take that over a cheapo scope with expensive glass.

PGS,
What does the .260 weight with scope?

Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
GAPLW260007.jpg

My favorite straight 10X is the S&B 10X42PMII..... this one is on top of a GAP .260. Compact, light and bulletproof. </div></div>

+1
2692020660048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no way I'd spend $700 for a SS when a USO can be had for $985....

</div></div>

Have you run a SS 10X HD?? </div></div>

Nope, but I have run a SS, and a ST10. I'm not really too much concerned about how nice the glass is in the SS HD. The SS I had, while good for the money, was a very cheap feeling scope. If I can get USO glass which I know is good, and a well built scope, I'll take that over a cheapo scope with expensive glass. </div></div>

When I read your first comment I knew that you had not even handled the SS HD.

Let me clarify that the HD is not a "cheapo scope with expensive glass" as you put it. The 10x42 HD has nothing to do with the original scopes. They share no common components and are not even made in the same factory. They are two totally different animals. The HD and new 3-9 are vastly superior in every aspect (construction, durability, light transmission, clarity, turrets, etc.) when compared to the original line. You can very easily realize it simply by handling one.

I guess it's just hard to distinguish b/c when I order a USO, there is no "cheap model" and "better model".

I'm not saying the SS isn't good, it's just priced at a point to where I'd rather have a USO, strictly from my past experiences with both lines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh-L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I was set on the IOR fixed 10x cause I really like the MP8 reticle but they aren't available with MIL knobs. Are there any other fixed 10x scopes out there available in MIL/MIL other then a USO ST10? I can't find anything. </div></div>

SS10HD is the only one I can think of in your price range unless you find a deal on a used USO (the best choice imo).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Your saying the Superchicken scope had better glass then the USO?..if so I find your statement to be utter Bullshit..Ive also owned a few supersnipers..and about a dozen USOs over the years..and a couple Schmidts. and there is no way SS glass comes close to USO in eith color or resolution. Ive seen you bash USO every chance you get and I find your public animosity towards USO to be very extreme my friend. </div></div>

I will say it: yes, it does.

I've owned several USO and several SS (and more than a few others) and the HD version of the 10X SS has better glass than any USO I have owned or used. (Like Nightforce, I don't know many who buy USO for the glass.)

To the OP: the final answer will come down to what is most important. The 10X USO is absolutely a great optic, sturdy as hell, great adjustments, choice of illumination, available with EREK - my favorite elevation turret, choice of reticles - but you pay for the options. If what you need is a great 10X with no frills but very rugged, very repeatable, and with "good enough" glass, there is no better deal than the 10X HD. If you've got $1600 to drop on a tricked out USO, you will not be disappointed. It all comes down to what is needed most.

I would consider the SS HD if it had a better mil reticle. I guess I will just save up another six months and get a ST10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess it's just hard to distinguish b/c when I order a USO, there is no "cheap model" and "better model".

I'm not saying the SS isn't good, it's just priced at a point to where I'd rather have a USO, strictly from my past experiences with both lines.</div></div>

J, did you not understand what SWFA is telling you...

The new Super Snipers are not to be confused with the older models, so you going back on past experience doesn't really work because it's a completely different animal.

As many like to say here, Apples to Oranges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 10x42 HD has nothing to do with the original scopes. They share no common components and are not even made in the same factory. They are two totally different animals. The HD and new 3-9 are vastly superior in every aspect (construction, durability, light transmission, clarity, turrets, etc.) when compared to the original line. You can very easily realize it simply by handling one.</div></div>

Having personally used them, and having used the older model, they are nothing alike. In fact I kept the Super Snipers sent over that were used in the videos and I continue to use and loan them out to replace broken scopes. They have held up great, run without issue and are well worth the money, in fact worth more that what they charge for them.

This is a common misconception because the Super Sniper line has a history prior, the re-introduction of the line cannot be compared to past models, this is misleading to anyone looking to buy a high quality optic at a great price.

I would recommend seeing the new models and using them before judging them on a past name.

Understood...

I'm not trying to bash the SS, like I said, the one I had was good for the money, but it was nothing to scream home about.

If the HD is totally revamped and indeed a different animal, I'd be willing to try it. If it's good, I'll sing it's praises, but I have nothing but praise for my ST10's performance, and it's just a hard pill to swallow that a SS would be worth it when I can get a USO for less than $200 more.

People bitch all the time about someone with no experience with a product saying something negative based on not much of anything to back it up.

I recommend first looking up all the posts about the new super snipers where the owners had to return them for an issue, then consider this:

What you are saying is pretty close to someone else saying, "don't buy a Hensoldt because my friend used a Zeiss Conquest and it wasn't that good ".

Of all the "new" scopes on the market in the last year, I think you'd be hard pressed to find something negative about the new Super Snipers.

Is the 'regular' SS 10x42 considered to be part of the "new line of SS scopes?"
I've tried finding anything negative about them and can't. That is the scope I'm going with because my budget isn't quite as big as some but I'm just curious if it's "new" from the old lesser quality SS's

I had a super sniper on my personal rifle, while the Govt issued me a rifle and optic that I'd never spend my own money on. I shot the super sniper on my own time, so I could afford to shoot more than we did at work. The transition between the two was seamless.

I shot both optics well beyond 1,000 yards on a regular basis and I learned a great deal in the process.

In the end, my money is on the driver and what is between his ears, not the car.

I have to let it be known that Chris at SWFA PM'd me and offered to send me a SS HD for a couple months so that I can form a more fair, educated opinion. Seeing as I was mistaken in comparing my USO to a different animal, I feel inclined to take him up on it. I would be interests to see the difference in it, and would be willing to give it a fair, open minded opinion.

My hats off to Chris, regardless if I take you up on the offer or not, that is 100% confidence in your product, and you are a model vendor.

If I do evaluate it, I promise to give my complete honest opinion.

This has to be the best forum on the net. You bash a particular product and a sales rep offers to send you a sample so that you can form a proper opinion of the product. I really do love it here. To be honest though, without any personal expierence I had the same opinion of the SS's until I read LL's review.
frown.gif

Chris, I don't like the super snipers either. Can you send me a sample?
smile.gif

LL, after reading your review of the SS HD's I'm really considering that as my first true long range tactical optic for a 243 savage build that I'm in the process of getting together. Do you forsee any problems with a FNG learning the ropes using such an optic?

I didn't "bash" anything, I was just stating my honest opinion from my experiences with my USO and my old SS. I was just under the impression that the new HD SS was the same scope, with better glass, and Chris wants to educate me to the differences.

He's only sending the scope for a trial, I'll be sending it back.

I wasn't poking fun at you, just commenting on the character of the forum and the contributers here. No hard feelings....

Please let me know what you think, as I stated earlier this might be the scope that sits atop my new rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's also the Bushnell 3200 10X mil/mil.

I put one on my 10/22, but it would work on a centerfire rifle too.

CopyofP7160010.jpg

CopyofP7160011.jpg
</div></div>
I just picked up a mil/mil Bushnell and I'm amazed at how good the glass is and how well the scope works. I can strongly recommend taking a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x mil/mil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PGS,
What does the .260 weight with scope?

Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
GAPLW260007.jpg

My favorite straight 10X is the S&B 10X42PMII..... this one is on top of a GAP .260. Compact, light and bulletproof. </div></div>

+1
2692020660048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

</div></div>

A smidge under 8 lbs....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh-L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the suggestions. I should have specified I'd like something in the sub $700 or $800 range. </div></div>

Josh try to squeeze a little more in the budget and go for the best you can.

Better to buy, once cry once on glass IMHO.