• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mil/Mil SFP Scopes

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
My new Savage LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor will be here next week and I need to find a scope for it. I want to make the jump from MOA to MIL on this one. The rifle will be used mainly for target shooting. I personally think SFP will be a better option for this but having never used FFP I'm not 100% sure. Targets will be at know distances. Anyway, what's everyone using for MIL/MIL SFP scopes? Looking for something 20x-24x top end.

Re: Mil/Mil SFP Scopes

Price range?

Hopefully less than $800. Glass quality is a plus. Some other details I am interested in are, 30mm tube, 50mm bell, side focus. Don't really need illumination. Thinking exposed turrets on this one also.

I am going through the same selection process for my new Savage 10fcp-k I chose the Vortex 6-24x50 Viper PST 30mm for $749. does anyone discount Vortex to hide members?

I think I might go with the PST. I don't know of any discounts but will give liberty optics and camerlandny a try.

I ended up going with the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6x24x50. To me, the glass was better that the Vortex. I went with a local dealer and got a good deal.

Sightron SIII 6-24x50. They make it in mil/mil as well as MOA/MOA. Personally I prefer the MOA reticle, but the mil/ mil is a very nice scope with all features you are lookin for. I would call Scott at liberty optics for a great price - he has been offering 10% off to hide members.

BTW, not saying sightron is better than vortex. Just another scope to look at. I actually prefer the vortex reticle over the sightron if you are staying with mil/mil.