• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MIL or MOA target making software

MrBlu

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2013
Sunnyvale, CA
Hey, y'all.

I'm getting back into reloading for hunting and I've been looking at some free PDF targets Storm Tactical has and I noticed that some (at least the ones I use) aren't straight or perfectly aligned. Some parts are off by a few pixels, others are off so bad that you can see it with your naked eye. I tried adjusting them in Adobe, but the structure of the PDF doesn't allow it. Meaning it's in sections and I can't separate the good from the bad.

Does anyone know of a software that can make MIL or MOA scaled/ranged targets? I can make some cool stuff in Inkscape (free PC app), but it doesn't have the right scaling. Pixels, mm, cm, inches, etc ... but none are a proper 1 to 1 conversion to MIL or MOA as I understand them.

For reference, I'm using a Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44 FFP scope so MILs are required and this is for use at my local 100 yards range.

Attached is a sample target with said problems. The diamonds aren't right and I think the grid has varying thickness.

Attachments

• 5 Diamond Closed Target.pdf
    534.4 KB · Views: 65
Hey, y'all.

I'm getting back into reloading for hunting and I've been looking at some free PDF targets Storm Tactical has and I noticed that some (at least the ones I use) aren't straight or perfectly aligned. Some parts are off by a few pixels, others are off so bad that you can see it with your naked eye. I tried adjusting them in Adobe, but the structure of the PDF doesn't allow it. Meaning it's in sections and I can't separate the good from the bad.

Does anyone know of a software that can make MIL or MOA scaled/ranged targets? I can make some cool stuff in Inkscape (free PC app), but it doesn't have the right scaling. Pixels, mm, cm, inches, etc ... but none are a proper 1 to 1 conversion to MIL or MOA as I understand them.

For reference, I'm using a Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44 FFP scope so MILs are required and this is for use at my local 100 yards range.

Attached is a sample target with said problems. The diamonds aren't right and I think the grid has varying thickness.

MS Excel

I configured this one many years ago. Print out the PDF on 8.5 x 11" ; the grids are 1 cm accurate.

Attachments

• LaRue Target Modified # 14 MJD Email SNH 2023 copy.pdf
    228.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.38.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.38.11 PM.png
    930.3 KB · Views: 57
The Storm pdf targets I use are high resolution 600dpi quality (I verified by opening the pdf in photoshop). Any pixilation would be from software compression, printer settings, emailing them with reduced image quality, etc.