• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mil reticle moa turret question

A.Bennett

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2018
Mr and my brother had a conversation about his scope. It's a leupold mark 4 with a mildot reticle and moa turrets. My question is, can he just change out the turret for a mil turret? Or is the base system of the scope in moa? Not sure how this works. He thinks he can just order a new turret and be mil/Mil. Thanks guys.

For the leupold, you have to sent it back to factory to refit it into mil/mil set up( just change out the turrets cap would not do). From what i know, it will cost you $300 or so. I used to have a leupold MK4 10x, with m1 turrets and mildot reticle, that is what i learned from leupold by calling them. But that was about 5 years ago or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
He thinks he can just order a new turret and be mil/Mil.
Nope. The internal threads of the turrets are the wrong pitch for milliradian adjustments. It has to go back to Leupold.

Another option is to make a turret label. I have an old SS scope that is mil/moa and had a label made that is labeled on yardage and mils. It’s not perfect but pretty good out to 800 without much trouble

how friggin dumb is that. maybe to make up for that, they did half the instructions in french and half in spanish, and then a third in arabic... yes, i know...

how friggin dumb is that. maybe to make up for that, they did half the instructions in french and half in spanish, and then a third in arabic... yes, i know...
Back in the day, that is how the military wanted them. Hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: Stickshift

They still work like a champ. Not all the Ninjas out there need a matched reticle to spot and adjust off a miss. Some of us spend a lot of time working up dope.

Not all shooting is a PRS game.. I can put a xxx yard zero on my mildot scopes and knock down half sized IPSC as fast as I can acquire a target to 600 yards. Beyond that, I dial. (Edit: FWIW, I have MOA/MOA scopes)

To the OP, what scope is it? It may make more sense to sell it to a dipshit like me then re-work it.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
I’d try that but I’m not fast eneough to catch a coyote???? Your comment may have had a cool trick that I’m missing?
Nope, I just figured that looking through one screen door was as good as another! :LOL:

They still work like a champ. Not all the Ninjas out there need a matched reticle to spot and adjust off a miss. Some of us spend a lot of time working up dope.

Not all shooting is a PRS game.. I can put a xxx yard zero on my mildot scopes and knock down half sized IPSC as fast as I can acquire a target to 600 yards. Beyond that, I dial. (Edit: FWIW, I have MOA/MOA scopes)

To the OP, what scope is it? It may make more sense to sell it to a dipshit like me then re-work it.
It's a leupold mark 4 I believe. I told my brother to get rid of it if he wants matched reticle/turret. He's set on modifying it...on him I guess