• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mild ebay rant

E-Tool

5120-00-878-5932
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ken-tuc-ky
    This ones not about ebay but my disappointment, and utter confusion, about a seller’s actions.

I made two offers for a SWR Radius that were both turned down. Less than 24 hrs later the item is sold for an offer that was lower than mine.

I guess he doesn’t like money... off to find another one when it pops up.

0C890E5A-4EBF-4357-A086-D1AD4BCA2DC4.gif

Not exactly the same but similar... This is happened to me a couple of times and really peeves me. You find an item that you like you put it on your watchlist and has a buy now of something that's reasonable... You're waiting for payday to complete the purchase. Friday comes and guess what, that item is no longer available, assholes went ahead and sold it to somebody else....IT WAS ON "MY" WISH LIST.

I feel better now...lol

1591459137490.png

(But it does always suck when you have a poor experience with a seller on any commerce website. People start seeming increasingly untrustworthy mighty fast, right?)

They don’t call it FleaBay for nothin. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    Last time I bought something there the seller died and my order was cancelled.
    Time before that I got an empty box with no item. I’ve given up.

Reactions: E-Tool
    I’ll admit 1st world problems... I just didn’t know who else to tell. I’ve never had that happen before, I submitted a best offer for $1425, it sold for $1400 I wasn’t sure how to react. Though that wasn’t my first offer, and the only counter offer I was given was $1450.

I was firm at $1425 damnit, now I have to hold my range finder like a peasant.

I must admit most of my Ebay experiences have been great. The one that got me is a guy ordered a $1500 turntable. I shipped it all way to BC Canada. He changed hims mind and said it was damaged...the box was scuffed a bit. Fuckbay sided with him and I got stuck with $400 in shipping round trip. Im jsut waiting, paybacks are a bitch.

I must admit most of my Ebay experiences have been great. The one that got me is a guy ordered a $1500 turntable. I shipped it all way to BC Canada. He changed hims mind and said it was damaged...the box was scuffed a bit. Fuckbay sided with him and I got stuck with $400 in shipping round trip. Im jsut waiting, paybacks are a bitch.
    I don't think I've ever actually had a bad ebay experience, either. But in fairness, I've only rarely used the site and never for anything expensive like that. I've had worse experiences on GunBroker and ArmsList!

I’ll admit 1st world problems... I just didn’t know who else to tell. I’ve never had that happen before, I submitted a best offer for $1425, it sold for $1400 I wasn’t sure how to react. Though that wasn’t my first offer, and the only counter offer I was given was $1450.

I was firm at $1425 damnit, now I have to hold my range finder like a peasant.
    I have one il sell you for $1400

Hey man, I don't really need this expensive toy you're trying to sell, and I'm really don't have a lot of money since I just lost my job and I'm already behind on child support, but if you could give me another 40% off the already screamin' low asking price and cover the cost of shipping, then I'd like to buy it.

EBAY is great for buyer but like @Maggot said its horrible for sellers, buyer can change their mind and claim any kind damage and its automatic refund

Ive changed my payment options for expensive items and will accept only direct bank transfer or cash on pick up. fuck Ebay, theyll never get me agian.

I saw one of these for sale on an obscure website for 50% less. Will sell me yours for the same price?

eBay sucks if you are the seller. Pretty much they encourage their "buyers" to find creative ways to defraud you.
    We sell on eBay all the time but it's never without risk and we get ripped off regularly enough to make sure we view customers with extreme suspicion.

Also we don't ship outside the USA as a firm rule on eBay. Shipping outside the USA on eBay is basically opening yourself up to insane amounts of risk.

For international shipments it's direct purchase only and bank transfer only.

eBay doesn't give a shit about the sellers. I've been burned twice and have learned my lesson. The buyers can basically get out of anything they want to and get a full refund. If the seller doesn't comply, eBay pretty much threatens to steal back the original payment and allow the buyer to keep the item. Fuck fleabay. Its mostly full of cheap chinese shit anyway.

I can negotiate a little bit, but not 1400 negotiate.

And only because I <3 E-tools. (not you, the shovel, you homo)

• Love