• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mildot Master?

Anderhorn

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2008
Gig Harbor, WA.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have never used a Mildot Master before would it work with a Gen II XR Reticle?

Thank you.

Re: Mildot Master?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anderhorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have never used a Mildot Master before would it work with a Gen II XR Reticle?

Thank you. </div></div>

Yes--it works with any Mil based reticle

Yes. A Mildot Master will work with any reticle graduated in milliradians, MOA, or IPHY. It's the fastest way there is to do ranging calculations with any of those reticles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutly, if the reticle is mil based, dots or hashes.</div></div>

As much as I hate to quote myself, I will:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. A Mildot Master will work with any reticle graduated in milliradians, MOA, or IPHY.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. A Mildot Master will work with any reticle graduated in milliradians, MOA, or IPHY. It's the fastest way there is to do ranging calculations with any of those reticles.

</div></div>

What he said.

My crappy picture taking attempt to show the modification for ranging IPHY. Note the little line above "Target Range"

DSC00802.jpg

You make the mark by lining up the MOA numbers at even inch lines (ie: 10 @ 100" )and then making the mark at 1000 on the left hand slide.

Make sure your slide is on the YARDS side, not the meter side.

Cheers,

Doc

Mine looks just like Doc's - but that's because I learned that trick from Doc. And the line shown replaces the "Target Range" mark when using the MDM for IPHY reticle calculations.

I'm new here, guys. THis is fabulous! Where can I get one of these things?

HM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Horse's mouth says---

www.mildot.com </div></div>

Click on the link.

Cheers,

Doc