• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mildot MOA reticle Questions Are they all the....

shooter308

Sergeant
Minuteman
I sent my Leuy VXIII back to the custom shop and got the m1 turrets (like on the MKIV i believe) and a Mildot reticle.
That being said are all mildot's the same??? Nightforce Leupold USO. etc. I am asking is the spacing between the dots the same. I wasnt sure if it was a patented thing or just something each company makes their own special spacing, etc.?
Now like I said I would like to understand the MOA really don't understand the M1 knobs. Obviously i know what they are for and how to adjust my scope but i would like to know more on dialing to a certain duitace, It also has a set screw on it the M1 knobs and I am curious what it is used for naybe some kind of zero stop. These M@ knobs come standard on MarkIVs so i was hoiping someone can helpm eot bi

When I got my scope back from Leupold it has a blue form that told my total travel adjustments....24 up 33 down 32 left and 25 right. Does this sound right and what distance would this max out at with my 308 with 168s or 175 around 2750 - 2800 fps.

I guess what I need is something that tell me what MOA/ clicks i need for what distance. 0-1000 yards if posssible with the scope

Re: Mildot MOA reticle Questions Are they all the....

This is the best thread for most of your questions:

Link to Optics FAQ

As for the set screws on the M1 knobs they are used for setting your zero. So when you find your zero at 100 (or whatever your zero will be) you loosen the set screw, carefully remove the knob and replace it with the hash marks lined up. Then tighten screw and the 0 will indicate your zero. Makes it easy to visually return to zero.

M1 turrets are 1/4 MOA per click on both windage and elevation.

Sounds like you got some range time coming.
wink.gif