• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Mildot power settings on nightforce

atxsniper

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2011
Texas
I have a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56 with a mildot reticle. The power setting for the mildot is 11x. My question is at 22 power will the mildot still work? Will a 36" object at 1,000 yards become 1/2 mil? I could find any info in their manual. Thanks

Re: Mildot power settings on nightforce

The mil scale should be true at 22x not 11x. At 11x you will have to double everything so one mil is actually two mil.

On the power ring of the scope it has a solid dot at 11x. I assumed that this ment that it is the power it should be set of for ranging with the mildot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mil scale should be true at 22x not 11x. At 11x you will have to double everything so one mil is actually two mil. </div></div>

I believe Varmint Slayer is correct.
The MLR and the NP-R1's and 2's are true at 22x and doubled at 11x. I've never owned the mildot, but I've never seen anything to indicate that they are different.