• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mile high AI barrels

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
Anyone have any opinions or experience with the short action AX/AT barrels spun up by Mile high for AI?

$600-900

Bartlein & Proof options

Thanks

Reactions: Ryder276
I just got a bartlein in .260rem, 1st 4 shots with berger factory ammo were sub 1/2moa at 100yds. Was a painless quick process, will definitely use them again

Reactions: Frank Green
Buy with confidence. They are generally more expensive for sending in a blank and paying for the gunsmith fees for chamber, thread, and cerakote than some other shops, but the work is great. Added bonus, you can get the barrels cerakoted with actual AI paint and not need to try to color match.

I’m confident they can spin up a AI barrel.
As far as price AI barrels are always going to tend to be more expensive.

I had a Bartlein Blank spun up in .308Win. After dialing in a 100yd zero I had a 1/4 MOA 5-shot group with FGMM 175gr.

I would not hesitate going to MHSA for any AI barrels in the future.

T

Reactions: Frank Green
@pineoak

The Bartlien and Proof barrels you speak of are done by Win Tactical, not MHSA. A MHSA AI barrel would have their logo on it.

I have a 6BR Win Tac barrel purchased from MHSA and it is a hammer. Second season running 6BR for PRS.

Reactions: pineoak
Just ordered a proof 16” 308 AT/AX barrel yesterday from them. Shipped out today! Nice to see the good feedback

Some of the older MHSA were Dave Tooley barrels. I’m sure they are long gone.

From what I hear MHSA makes some very accurate barrels

Both of my Mile High AI/AT Bartlien barrels 308/65cm are easily half moa if not 1/4 moa barrels. Definitely better than I. As others have said. No concerns when buying one of their barrels.

I could give em a call tomorrow, but does anyone know the price for the cost of fitting + painting a customer provided blank by MHSA? Trying to establish if it's worth it vs the $800-900 Bartlein Win Tac barrels that are stocked items.

I have a 22" MHSA .260 barrel they sold me when I bought my AX from them 2/2019 . They said it was a Tooley-spun Bartlein. Fired brass headspaced 0.002" over a GO gauge (1.632"). It has only seen about 60rds so far and it's already a hammer. Still speeding up, though.